Making Iron man glove

chimmera30

So I see on here often that many people have trouble with the Iron man glove,here is a method that I used to make a prototype of the glove. First you need 2 sets of gloves. I bought A black glove for the base and a red rubber work glove for the outer layer(You could use any color work glove ,it would just have to be painted,which would take a few days to dry due to the nature of the material.Then take the Red glove and cut each finger into 3 parts, but make sure the tip is a little longer then the other 2 sections.The thumb is similar but only have to be sectioned into 2,also make sure the thumb cut is toward the palm.Next there are 6 shapes that are cut out around where the light would be, I Will include pictures to show those shapes,Finally the back is easy just one large trapezoid shape to cover the back of the hand:)The Hardest part is getting the shapes right inside the palm,so what I did was outlined the parts with a marker then cut them out:)
Once all the parts are cut, Hot glue them to the black glove in the correct areas. The easiest way to hot glue the fingers is to put the black glove on your hand, place the section into place, and squirt the glue under on section at a time.
Side-note,the outer glove may have a few layers under the rubber,remove everything except the outer most layer for easy of use:)
FOr the middle of the palm I used a plastic ring I cut out,ANd hot glued a dissembled tap light.
Here are some pics for reference:

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02389.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

So to conclude this was my prototype ,its a bit messy but I will make another set for my final costume.I hope this helps,goodluck
Any questions let me know:)

Last edited:
Nice prototype. I like your idea of using two pairs of gloves to make the hands. The outer pieces look a little far spaced out, but maybe that's from the outer gloves being the same size as the inner gloves and glued to fit properly. I think if you used a larger size glove for the outer pieces they might come closer together without the gaps between the cuts. Keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back