Man of Steel

10382164_10152226506001687_1463483427330574051_n.jpg

look what i found :) its from jason david frank's fb page. both you and wonder woman look great!

I just read this whole thread and watching your process and trial and error has been impressive. When someone is just starting on a project, seeing this dedication and the success you pulled from it is really cool.

Great work all around.

That is great! Nice to get some recognition for your hard work.

EDIT: You just showed up in my Facebook feed from a friend who took a photo with you and Belle.

Last edited:
That is great! Nice to get some recognition for your hard work.

EDIT: You just showed up in my Facebook feed from a friend who took a photo with you and Belle.

Thanks for sharing! I've been hearing similar stories about Facebook posts from others as well... And it's really cool to see how many people liked the costume :)

just looked at the fb link and i think you 2 should have gotten best male and female hero. The others looked good too but both of your suits had more work and detail in it. My opinon tho :)

Question on the shoes/boots.. In the final pictures it looks like the red spandex on the suit goes all the way from your calves to the soles of the shoe part.

Did you stitch the suit's leggings over the on over the shoes down to the soles or are you wearing the red, textured water shoes on over the suit's leggings (basically wearing the lower part of the leggings like socks)?

just looked at the fb link and i think you 2 should have gotten best male and female hero. The others looked good too but both of your suits had more work and detail in it. My opinon tho :)

Thanks bro! It was an awesome experience just to be on stage and to hear everyone screaming for us.

Question on the shoes/boots.. In the final pictures it looks like the red spandex on the suit goes all the way from your calves to the soles of the shoe part.

Did you stitch the suit's leggings over the on over the shoes down to the soles or are you wearing the red, textured water shoes on over the suit's leggings (basically wearing the lower part of the leggings like socks)?

There isn't any red spandex on the suit. It looks like spandex because of how tightly I made it... but it's the same fabric as the cape. I covered the water shoes with the fabric first... then puff painted it. Then I sewed the "boots" to fit very tightly on my legs, and sewed the bottom of the boot to the mouth of the water shoes. Then I attached the top of the boot to the navy polyester leg, and puff painted the rest of the boot. If you stitch it tightly enough... you can barely see the seam of where the water shoe meets the upper part of the boot. The chainmail patter also helps to hide the seam. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
We're gonna be attending the comic cons in Baltimore, MD (Sept 5-7) and Richmond, VA (Sept 12-14). Please feel free to stop us and say hi if you're at either of those :)

Hey man. This is an absolutely insane costume! I'd love to go to a few comic cons like that! Any chance you could provide a step by step of how it was made and the materials used? Cheers

Nathan

Hey man. This is an absolutely insane costume! I'd love to go to a few comic cons like that! Any chance you could provide a step by step of how it was made and the materials used? Cheers

Nathan

This suit can't be replicated because Frightful Acts no longer makes the trim.

I'm working on a Supergirl suit with my cousin, and I plan on using the same materials that I used for this one. I'll ask her to create and thread and we'll post updates as progress.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back