Mannequins like propstore uses?

Force

I've been trying to find mannequins like propstore uses--full body, male, headless (and egg head), slim (not athletic or muscular), satin or matte black (rather than full gloss), about 5' 10", calf support to be able to put on shoes, and not in some crazy pose. I was hoping to find something around $100-$150 ballpark.

I've looked at these shops already:
  • roxydisplayinc.com
  • nycdisplay.com
  • displays2go.com
  • mannequinmall.com
  • mannequinmadness.com
  • buystoreshelving.com
...plus a few other random sites, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for. Any ideas? Thanks :)

img02.jpg
img01.jpg
img01.jpg
272266.jpg

any good ? Male Mannequins UK | Full Body Male Mannequin
edit :- probably no good if you are in the US :(

I've been trying to find mannequins like propstore uses--full body, male, headless (and egg head), slim (not athletic or muscular), satin or matte black (rather than full gloss), about 5' 10", calf support to be able to put on shoes, and not in some crazy pose. I was hoping to find something around $100-$150 ballpark.

I've looked at these shops already:
  • roxydisplayinc.com
  • nycdisplay.com
  • displays2go.com
  • mannequinmall.com
  • mannequinmadness.com
  • buystoreshelving.com
...plus a few other random sites, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for. Any ideas? Thanks :)

View attachment 940216View attachment 940217View attachment 940218View attachment 940219

Force
Hello hello!
We order mannequins mostly from www.morplan.com/ but we do have custom ones for certain costumes.
Hopefully that answers your question.
We apologize if we haven't spotted your message before.

Great, thanks for the link. These were the ones I was looking for:

Economy Black Headless Male Mannequins
Economy Black Faceless Male Mannequins

Economy Black Female Headless Mannequins
Economy Black Faceless Female Mannequins

However, I noticed it's a UK-only storefront. Do you know if they happen to have a reseller in the US?

I've been trying to figure out the most effective and reliable place to get mannequins in the US as well. There seems to be a lot of on-line stores out there, but the web design seems so dated that I often wonder if they are even legit. The best luck I have had is finding craigslist listings of local retail store closings selling off their display mannequin inventory. And those are few and far between.

The Morplans used by Prop Store look great, but it appears to be UK only. Anyone have any luck with US Based stores?

Thanks,

I ended up circling back to nycdisplay.com. This one has 5'8" and 5'10" mannequins.

Every other shop I've found has mannequins that are 6'+ in height. I have no idea why it's so difficult to find average height and sized mannequins rather than these muscular giants. Most actors are actually on the shorter side, and it makes sense to me to find mannequins closer to their actual size.

So, here's a 5'8" one with a face:
Male Mannequin Mannequins NYC Display Inc - mannequin female mannequin $49 male $84,Rental

They said their 5'11" faceless/egghead model will be coming back in stock about 1/15/19:

Male Mannequin Mannequins NYC Display Inc - mannequin female mannequin $49 male $84,Rental

So, I was going to give those a try.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back