March 2019 - Inviting Volunteers in Northern California to Cheer On the Marathon Runners

KWRaiderNation

(I googled everywhere to find Cosplay groups based in northern California, yet yours is the only link I could find to reach individuals. Please forgive me if posting this thread breaks rules; I will happily delete it with my sincere apologies)

Hi,
How are you today? I hope you are well.
I am Ken, and I am pleased to speak with you.

Along with my fellow costumed members of Raider Nation, I organize a Water Refreshment Station at the Oakland Running Festival Marathon each year. We hand out cups of water, Gatorade, energy bars, and encouragement to the runners as they pass by. And, certainly, we do so in all our costumed splendor.

I would like to invite those of you who live in the Bay Area and Central Valley of California to join us! We would like to give the runners the very special experience that your visual can bring, as they pass through our station in need of inspiration to carry on...and there's no doubt that they will get a good rush of adrenaline seeing your colorful & imaginative costumes!

The race will be on Sunday, March 24, 2019.

We have DJ music going on in our Water Station, as well. We will be located at the 5.5mile marker, along the west border of Lake Merritt, directly across from the Oakland Auditorium...a very scenic locale that will be perfect for the vibe you bring.

Please feel free to reply to me if you will be able to participate with us. We will provide instructions on how to hand the cups to the runners, etc. It's a LOT of fun, and I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of this. I should mention that this is the 10th Anniversary of the Oakland Running Festival, a very historic moment to join in on.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours very truly,
Ken
Afro Deesiac of Raider Nation
Oakland Running Festival 2019
www.oaklandmarathon.com
(I googled everywhere to find Cosplay groups based in northern California, yet yours is the only link I could find. Please forgive me if posting this breaks rules; I will happily delete it with my sincere apologies)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back