Question "Member Updates" thread (new thread for name changes & bannings)

rocketeer25

Sr Member
Gotta say, the new "Member Updates" makes it almost impossible to find information. I'm not talking about name changes necessarily, but the ban announcements are particularly difficult to sift through now.

Can we change this back to the way it was, or at least BOLD and maybe INCREASE the text for the name of the banned member? It would make scanning the info much easier.

Thanks!

re: Member Updates thread (new location of name changes & bannings)

This is a WIP and something that has been requested by a couple of previous staff members (so all notices like this are under the Staff account and not under their names).

We are still working on the formatting so please be patient with us.

And I know you will want to smack me, but until we get the formatting finalized, the "Search this Thread" feature works great if you know who you are looking for.

What was wrong with the old method?

Why no dates for the bans?

What was wrong with the old method?

Why no dates for the bans?

As stated above, this had been requested by a couple of previous staff members because new members were writing them, thinking they were still active staff after seeing their (old) posts about banning a member.

There are no ban dates because we don't have specific dates for each ban, only rough time frames and it simply isn't a priority to try to hunt them down at the moment.

The purpose of these announcements is only to inform members when another member's name is changed or is banned in an effort to eliminate confusion. These announcements are not to be a historical document.

Where did the banned members thread go?

I have done a search for "banned" in all open forums and I can't find it. Anyone?

Re: Where did the banned members thread go?

The Announcements and News forum is where it normally is, but it does indeed seem to be gone.

edit: ah.

I always wonder what it was behind members who wanted themselves banned or requested it . Wouldn't just not come around anymore ...very weird.

they're loose! They're loose! AUUUUUUUGHHHHH...... it's like a prison break from arkham asylum.

I won't pretend to speak on behalf of those who have "self-banned" but many do it at a point of high drama or emotion, either because of conflict with the staff or a heated conflict with another member in which they did not prevail. We usually try to give them an opportunity to cool off and change their mind. Some do. Some don't. We have also seen a few members ask to be banned as an act of defiance or in hope of martyrdom. Regardless of the reason and regardless of whether the ban is self inflicted or the staff is forced to ban someone, we hate seeing members go, but sometimes, sadly, it is the best thing for both parties.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back