Model PS-FR(17) "Pulse Rifle"

JP Modelworks

This 1:1 scale rifle model was built using a used Canon ink jet printer catridge I got from work. Captain April had shown me the cartridge and we both agreed that it had a very cool shape to it. It looked like some "future" train engine or some kind of gun. To me it had a similar look to the Pulse Rifle used in "ALIENS". I was then inspired to build my own "Pulse Rifle" design.

About a month later, this model is the result. It was constructed mostly out of styrene (.125" thick). The trigger handle and "cocking" handle were vacuumformed pieces shot over molds I made from a cool (but expensive) material called Renshape. I's easy to cut, sand and glues well with "crazy glue".

The main body was sprayed with Krylon flat black and the upper section with ACE brand "machine grey". All the weathering was done with oil washes and
Doc O'Brien's weathering powders. Chips were added using Tamiya sky grey and flat aluminum.

I picked up inexpensive flashlight as well as a small laser pointer to make the laser sight on top. I gutted the flashlight and mounted the laser pointer inside. The switch at the back now controls the laser.

Another larger flashlight was mounted on the left side of the gun with a custom mount made from styrene tubing.

The Model PS-FR(17) designation is the actual part number ingraved on the ink jet cartridge. The base is also a custom piece and gives the rifle a nice home.

Thanks for looking!

So...how many pages per minute?

Just kidding. Nice build. I looked at the cartridge. This could be used on a lot of other stuff too, but first impressions are a pulse rifle.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back