NEED SOME FAST HELP: MR base dimensions

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My wife and I are in the process of moving to a bigger place, where for the first time I will have a dedicated showroom where I can display my collection. Tomorrow (Sunday) morning, I will be meeting with the builder to discuss the final plans for my display room.

The plans were first drawn up months ago. Since then, I have purchased several of the big Master Replicas models and would like to have provisions made for displaying them in my showroom. The problem is, all of my stuff is currently in storage! I don't have access to the bases and am therefore unable to take measurements from them.

I'm thinking I'd like each model to have its own pedestal with the same footprint as the display base, so that the display base will sit neatly flush atop the pedestal. (If any of you advise differently -- for example, if you have found that it's nice to have, say, an extra inch of surface area at the top of a pedestal in each direction -- please let me know!)

I am hoping that the Good Samaritans of the RPF can provide exact measurements for the display bases of the following pieces:

MR SS Millennium Falcon
MR SS AT-AT SE
MR SS Enterprise
MR Snowspeeder

Since the base of the Enterprise has a much smaller profile than the model itself, I'm hoping for a rectangular measurement that would clear the front and sides of the model by an inch or so -- that is, footprint dimensions for the Enterprise if it were to be put on a rectangular base with an acrylic cover. Anyone who has created a covered base for your Enterprise, your dimensions would be a great place for me to start.

Any help with any of this will be very gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance!

Unless the Snow-bound AT-AT has a different size base to the first edition, mine (1st Ed) measures:

68.5cm x 28cm

:)

Thanks, Eagle!

Anyone with the snow-bound edition able to confirm these measurements?

Thanks, too, for the measurements in centimeters rather than inches. It's more precise, and will save me the trouble of having to convert. (The metric system is standard here in Japan.)

Sorry for the short span between bumps.

Our meeting with the builder in the morning was a sudden development. Otherwise I would have posted this with more lead time.

Still hoping that some helpful RPFers will confirm measurements for the items listed in Post #1.

I've got another eight hours until the builder shows up. :redface

Thanks for any help y'all can provide!

Falcon 914mm x 668mm
SnowSpeeder 456mm x 414mm
Enterprise: approx 880mm x 420mm

My wife and I are in the process of moving to a bigger place, where for the first time I will have a dedicated showroom where I can display my collection. Tomorrow (Sunday) morning, I will be meeting with the builder to discuss the final plans for my display room.

The plans were first drawn up months ago. Since then, I have purchased several of the big Master Replicas models and would like to have provisions made for displaying them in my showroom. The problem is, all of my stuff is currently in storage! I don't have access to the bases and am therefore unable to take measurements from them.

I'm thinking I'd like each model to have its own pedestal with the same footprint as the display base, so that the display base will sit neatly flush atop the pedestal. (If any of you advise differently -- for example, if you have found that it's nice to have, say, an extra inch of surface area at the top of a pedestal in each direction -- please let me know!)

I am hoping that the Good Samaritans of the RPF can provide exact measurements for the display bases of the following pieces:

MR SS Millennium Falcon
MR SS AT-AT SE
MR SS Enterprise
MR Snowspeeder

Since the base of the Enterprise has a much smaller profile than the model itself, I'm hoping for a rectangular measurement that would clear the front and sides of the model by an inch or so -- that is, footprint dimensions for the Enterprise if it were to be put on a rectangular base with an acrylic cover. Anyone who has created a covered base for your Enterprise, your dimensions would be a great place for me to start.

Any help with any of this will be very gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance!

My sincere gratitude to b26354 and Eagle! :thumbsup

Thanks to you guys, this morning I was able to give the builder a good idea of what needs to be made and we could talk about where the pieces might be displayed.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. You saved my bacon. :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back