Announcement New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 posts

RPF Staff

Legendary Member
Community Staff
After you've been a member for 90 days AND have at least 50 posts, you will be AUTOMATICALLY, but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted from a "New Member" to a "Full Access Member". The process can take up to 24 hours after meeting both requirements.

Please DO NOT post in this thread unless:

It has been at least 24 hours since meeting both requirements, and you account has not been upgraded.

OR

You joined prior to 4/5/2007, and you have less than 50 posts. Members who've joined prior to 4/5/2007 are exempt from these limitations and are not considered "New Members" regardless of post count. Post in this thread and we will manually upgrade your account.

Thanks,
The RPF Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 45 days/20 p

You do not have to request activation, it takes place automatically, and usually within 4 hours.

Have over 20 posts been a member since 7/2011 account not activated (help please)

Thank you, I tried to PM RPF staff but wouldn't go thru, I apologize if this is not the right place, but I am confused as to what to do to correct this.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community.

Take care everyone

Re: Have over 20 posts been a member since 7/2011 account not activated (help please)

Thank you, I tried to PM RPF staff but wouldn't go thru, I apologize if this is not the right place, but I am confused as to what to do to correct this.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community.

Take care everyone
The "RPF Staff" account is just for posting and does not accept private messages. We did receive an email from you and responded to it. Your account is showing "Full Access Member" so you should be fine. Try it again.

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 45 days/20 p

I haven't been automatically upgraded :(

You also need 20 posts there buddy.

I've also been a member since Feb thats more than 45 days i didn't know it was a requirement on both, I only joined to read the forums and buy ANH Vader boxes from russrep

*scratches head* Ok, weird...

I've been a member of RPF since, well... Been like 5 years now. I changed my account info when the forum and such was usurped last year on both the forums - secondary and this one. But yesterday was the first time I've logged in since RPF was won and given back to its rightful owner. Funny thing, I got the nice bright yellow attention warning when I logged in. I got rid of that by changing my email address, got the email verification email, verfied my email addy. Now it says I'm a new member. Erm... oookay...

Did it happen to everyone despite being a long time member? And did our threads get eaten during the whole forum theft fiasco and return?

I mean, I don't mind the 45 day/20 post wait. Just find it kind of irritating when I've been through the process already...

Thanks!

LadySythe

We didn't lose any threads or posts as a result of the hack, only the domain name was hijacked. You are listed as a new member because you only have 6 posts (you have clearly passed the 45 days requirement :)). Any posts made on the "fake" site wouldn't be here as there were two separate sites.

Unless I'm missing something I do believe I hit my mark for full member activation on the 5th but still marked new member. My join date was 11/23 and I have 20 posts. Also sorry if I jumped the gun tried to respond to a WTB in the junkyard today not realizing that it is only the selling posts you can respond to while still marked new member.

Thanks for any help love the site so far can't wait to be able to fully use it :)

Unless I'm missing something I do believe I hit my mark for full member activation on the 5th but still marked new member. My join date was 11/23 and I have 20 posts. Also sorry if I jumped the gun tried to respond to a WTB in the junkyard today not realizing that it is only the selling posts you can respond to while still marked new member.

Thanks for any help love the site so far can't wait to be able to fully use it :)

Quoted from the first post...
Please DO NOT post in this thread unless:

It has been at least 24 hours since meeting both requirements, and you account has not been upgraded.
...so if you are not automatically upgraded by tomorrow, please let us know. :)

I just live in the Junkyard, so I'm punished for not spamming posts in other boards because they don't really peek my interest at the moment. Spamming is also not allowed so I'm in a perpetual newbie mode. :/

I just live in the Junkyard, so I'm punished for not spamming posts in other boards because they don't really peek my interest at the moment. Spamming is also not allowed so I'm in a perpetual newbie mode. :/

It's not spamming the boards if you take the time to properly contribute something. It appears you're a fan of Dredd; I'm sure others would be interested in seeing your collection or hearing opinions you have regarding Dredd items out there. :)

i have done both. but am un sure if it says it on my profile. seeing firefox is not render some parts of the site correctly

i have done both. but am un sure if it says it on my profile. seeing firefox is not render some parts of the site correctly
Your account was automatically updated.

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 p

How does this work when purchasing a premium membership? I completed my purchase but can't seem to find that I have been changed to a premium member. Do I just have to wait for that to occur or did something go wrong?

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 p

How does this work when purchasing a premium membership? I completed my purchase but can't seem to find that I have been changed to a premium member. Do I just have to wait for that to occur or did something go wrong?
Normally you can tell immediately if you will have access to the Premium Member forum. I just checked your account and no Premium Membership subscription is showing so either the payment did not go through or the transaction was not completed. Do you show a completed transaction in your Paypal account?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back