Hi, I'm from Ohio. I like to build things I think are cool. I usually like to build gifts, if I think of something cool and think of someone that might enjoy it, I do it and give it to them. I recently built a Mystic Seer for my dad and a Swamp of Sadness playset for my sister. I dabble in a little bit of everything, it really just depends on what I feel like doing at the time. I don't mind helping others and would totally be interested in collaborating with someone on a project or two!

Hey RPF!

I've been lurking on here for a little over a year to gain reference ideas for an Evil Dead chainsaw build I had been doing. I finally decided to join the community and become a contributor so that I can share what I've learned during my Evil Dead Chainsaw build process as well as the processes of my future prop building endeavors. Right now im finishing up on a replica piece of the tool shed shelf that Ash pulls the chainsaw from in Evil Dead 2. I'm very close to completing it I just need to source a couple pieces from eBay to get it as screen accurate as possible. When I wrap up that project i'll post everything! Im excited to share my build process, weathering and gore process, how I made the leather harness, and what went into building the tool shed shelf. SUPER excited to share and learn from all you awesome folks here. Cheers.

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I'm from Texas, but live in the Golden State now. I spend a lot of my time working on indie films that I write / direct. Over the past summer we just built a full replica of a Mercury capsule cockpit for my short film Infinity 7, thanks in no small part to a lot of the tips / tricks I've learned from the RPF. Now that that very large project is behind me, I'm looking forward to making some awesome new things in 2019 and hope to learn more and share more with all of y'all.

HI my names Sam ,

I'm a prop replica enthusiast and was wondering if I could ask you guys for some help?

I'm conducting some research in to what 1;1 scale movie prop replica i should make as part of a 6 week college project , if you could answer asap I really would appreciate it :) the options are as follow:

Doctor who : Confession dial

Ghost busters: Ghost Trap

Star Wars (A New Hope) : Luke's Light Saber Hilt

Blade Runner : Dekards Pistol

Attachments

• Doctor-Who-Confession-Dial.jpg
    Doctor-Who-Confession-Dial.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 87
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 31PJNSpMK9L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    31PJNSpMK9L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 97
  • pkd-underpanel-real.jpg
    pkd-underpanel-real.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 89
Hi,

This forum is what I’ve been looking for. I’m interested in
Star Wars props
Star Trek
Terry Gilliam movies
The fascinating machines from Eraserhead!

This is going to be fun. I love to build anachronistic sculptures and machines. I especially love light fixtures and lighting props. I also have an Etsy shop where I sell my lamp creations.

I also worked on TMNT 1 set for one day. Yeah wow.

Paul C

Last edited:
I just found this site today in my hunt for ideas on a replica Destroyer Gun (Coulson’s Revenge) from The Avengers. This will be my first project of this kind and I’m just looking to soak up as much information as I can about prop building. If anyone has any ideas or information on building Coulson’s Revenge please let me know!

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a while, but made a few posts today and thought I ought to say hello.

My main interests are Star Wars and Blade Runner related, but I love all aspects of prop making and costuming.

I am looking forward very much to learning & sharing here.

Paul

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a while and have just gotten around to formally introducing myself. I have been making Halloween props for my home haunt for over 12 years. A video of this years haunt is here

I started doing an Indiana Jones cosplay for Dragoncon last year and made/modified my first Indiana Jones prop (Golden Fertility Idol). I am also working on building an Anovos Stormtrooper armor set.

I am an old guy and was first influenced in the world of props by seeing Star Wars in the theater as a kid. My favorite movies/interests include Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who (modern series), Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean and Stranger Things. I have seen some incredible props on this forum and am interested to learn new making skills like molding and casting and eventually 3D modeling and printing.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been arround for a while but just recently registered, my name's Santi and i enjoy building props from a very young age.
The reaseon i registered is actually to be able to congratulate the amazing artists here on their work and to ask for advice on the replication of a prop i made a few years back, but that will be a topic in itself.

Well, thats me,

Cheers

I've been around for years but never posted.

I live in Orlando and we hit the parks all the time. I am in the midst of setting up my studio so I can get busy on some Wizarding stuff for Universal and Star Wars for when Galaxy's Edge opens this year.

Where to start life long nerd who loved sci fi, action and adventure movies. Built models since I can remember, did medieval re-enactment for about ten years, learnt how to make all my own weapons, costumes and gear. Tried western action for a while, got into steam punk with my kids (what can I say i like to dress up). And over the years have collected a lot of stuff to remind me of my favourite movies and tv shows. This collection includes toys, action figures, swords, replica guns and blasters, models just a lot of stuff, most brought, some modded some built. I have a particular fetish at the moment for replica swords from film and tv, over 40 at the moment, just wall hangers but they still evoke memories of the shows I enjoyed so much growing up and still to this day(avid Game of Thrones fan).

Hey all,
I found theRPF after looking for kitbashing forums. I ended up browsing through about a hundred projects done by people far more talented than me, and not in fact doing my university applications... lol. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, and hope to create some models in the future, if I can find the time.

Hello! I am new to the forum and have just started working on my first commissioned Metroid prop

- see info in my profile for thread showing entire process.

About me:

I am a toy designer living in Los Angeles. I work with many different techniques in my day to day that lend themselves to prop building. I have started adding to my collection over the years and have a pretty decent start to a mad house full of everything me and my wife want. With a new baby in the house I assume he will soon want props too :D - I of course will oblige and make whatever he wants.

This is truly a passion of mine - I love making things and love being able to see reality from nothing. Be it, 3D printing, fabricating or woodwork its all fun!

I hope to see some of you guys around! Take care and have a great Sunday!

insta: @25thPixel

Hi everyone,

My name is Leroy and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm (together with my girlfriend) a Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts fan.

Recently I came with the idea of making the Hookah from Grindelwald (from the latest Fantastic Beasts movie). But I've never made a prop before so I'm searching for tips en inspiration here! :)

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm new to create prop/costume making but not new to construction apparels/ clothing. I have experience creating embroidery patches, patches from films such as "KILL BILL 2".

I'm going to start working on a Star Trek beyond Uniform with my team member.
Looking forward to the coming months ahead at here!

Jameel Ur

Attachments

• s front.jpg
    s front.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
Greetings everyone... I don't have the best grammar nor and I the best speller but what i am is a hardcore Scifi fan. I hope that I can begin to learn the craft of prop building from design to completion. I am inspired by many things and really want to add to this community. I am just amazed at some of the wonderful things I have seen people make and display on this forum. I cant wait to post pics of my first true project.

My goal at the moment is to build a Space Station room in the Star Wars universe with a little retro styling added in. The design of the Naboo artistry is very appealing to me. so it should be interesting.

So again Hello everyone and I hope to get to know as many of you as I can.

Conook

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back