New Sideshow Emperor Bust

How about this one...?:lol

1704imagefk7.jpg

the robe material now looks poor, god knows what my ironman statue/bust will look like when i get it, probably painted green.

z

Doesn't look like Palpatine at all to me. More of a cartoonish version of the character than a solid likeness IMHO. Also, I hate how Sideshow does the painted eyes on these busts. Glad I cancelled my pre-order for it months ago.

I personally think he looks great and will no doubt look far better in person.
These photos probably don't do it justice.

As for the eyes, I wish Sideshow would utilise acrylic/glass eyes on all life-size pieces.

I personally think he looks great and will no doubt look far better in person.
These photos probably don't do it justice.

As for the eyes, I wish Sideshow would utilise acrylic/glass eyes on all life-size pieces.

I think it looks great too! And I didn't like the first time I saw it!

Are these stills available??????

Hmm....

He looks kind of tired to me, in those pictures. I see no malice or arrogance in those eyes, only "Really? Another point of protocol? He's been filibustering for the last two hours. How much longer can this go on?"

I suppose what I mean is, this is what I think he'd look like in a meeting or addressing a committee, not the spirited fellow that I remember in the movies. It definitely is a good likeness, but the expression isn't for me.

I think it looks great too! And I didn't like the first time I saw it!

Are these stills available??????

Unfortunately they recently sold out at Sideshow. However, they do have the wait list available.
I would think there's a very good chance of obtaining one through that, if you sign up now.

Unfortunately they recently sold out at Sideshow. However, they do have the wait list available.
I would think there's a very good chance of obtaining one through that, if you sign up now.

Really? Good to know! I will do it right now! :cry
Thanks Trilogy!

Yeah. I guess it was Sideshow's interpretation of how they felt he should look and credit to the sculptor for realizing it for them, but to me dynamic expressions always tend to lose something in the translation and end up being almost comical. Just a cold, malicious stare for this character would have been stellar.

Hmm....

He looks kind of tired to me, in those pictures. I see no malice or arrogance in those eyes, only "Really? Another point of protocol? He's been filibustering for the last two hours. How much longer can this go on?"

I suppose what I mean is, this is what I think he'd look like in a meeting or addressing a committee, not the spirited fellow that I remember in the movies. It definitely is a good likeness, but the expression isn't for me.

I like it but no space for displaying the Emperor. Too bad for me since recently I got my MR Palpie Cane and Clasp...

Well, after seeing those pics Gruson just posted I'll have to eat my words. The first pics I saw of the bust weren't flattering at all, but in those shots posted above it looks absolutely perfect. I guess that just shows what a difference pictures(and lighting) can make.

After watching these pictures i can see this emperor has bunny teeth. Likeness, skin texture and the too long distance between nose and mouth are the main problem spots in my eyes....

The various pics on this make it seem like there are some very inconsistant paint apps. Either that or the lighting is really throwing it off. It looks ok I guess, but could have been so much better I tihnk.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back