Official Show off your model collection thread!

Horizon ED-209 and 1st version of the Hot Toys ED-209, both very heavily modified.
The Horizon one is solid resin inside, so its very strong and heavy. Its fitted together using PVC tubes, so it can be stripped down into parts.
The Hot Toys one has no rubber parts anymore. Everything that was made out of rubber like the joints and the dome were cast in resin. It took the best part of three years to get this one finished and it cost a fortune in Tamiya spray paints. Like the Horizon model, this one can be stripped down too and a lot of the parts are attached using magnets.
I like to be able to take models apart easily, as i find it useful when cleaning them or incase any repairs ever needed doing. It also helps when, like always, they get packed away in storage.

Attachments

• (1).jpg
    (1).jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 405
  • (2).jpg
    (2).jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 406
  • (3).jpg
    (3).jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 369
  • (4).jpg
    (4).jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 347
  • (5).JPG
    (5).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 381
  • (6).JPG
    (6).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 399
  • (7).JPG
    (7).JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 355
  • (8).JPG
    (8).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
Horizon ED-209 and 1st version of the Hot Toys ED-209, both very heavily modified.
The Horizon one is solid resin inside, so its very strong and heavy. Its fitted together using PVC tubes, so it can be stripped down into parts.
The Hot Toys one has no rubber parts anymore. Everything that was made out of rubber like the joints and the dome were cast in resin. It took the best part of three years to get this one finished and it cost a fortune in Tamiya spray paints. Like the Horizon model, this one can be stripped down too and a lot of the parts are attached using magnets.
I like to be able to take models apart easily, as i find it useful when cleaning them or incase any repairs ever needed doing. It also helps when, like always, they get packed away in storage.

Fantastic!(y)

Not exactly my full collection, but it is an assortment of 3D printed models that form part of my current project. All ships are 1/21000 to match Korbanths SSD Executor. So far i have 29 ships printed with another 5 to be printed and over a dozen large ships to be scratchbuilt.

Attachments

• 20190205_125714.jpg
    20190205_125714.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 280
  • 20190131_194721.jpg
    20190131_194721.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 282
I have not built a model since my daughter was born almost 17 years ago... I remember modelling was a love hate relationship. I enjoyed building models, but when finished, all I can see are flaws. These are the only pics I could find of things I built. No Sci-Fi stuff. Pretty basic.

1/48 Eduard Albatros D.Va.
WW1 planes were my favorite to make. Wonderful paint schemes and challenging wires. I always wanted to do the newer 1/32 Wignuts kits. Those things are fantastic looking. But 1/32 was too big for me. There is a lot of hidden details in this one that will never be seen. Fully wired engine, the cockpit has every cable in it. The engine has miniature springs I made... My first wood prop I carved. Actually that was the fourth. I destroyed three trying to figure out how to do it.
DSC04281.JPG

DSC04293.JPG

DSC04289.JPG

No idea what this Tiger is. The scale is somewhere around 1/48. All I know it is not the standard armor scale. It is maybe 6" long.
Looks like I went a bit crazy with dents.... The tree is a root I dug up in the yard.
DSC04302.JPG

DSC04297.JPG

FW190 D-13. Yellow 10. This is a 1/48 mashup before anyone made a model of this variant. This was my favorite plane. Loved the paint scheme. I saw it a few times at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
DSC04307.JPG

DSC04305.JPG

DSC04304.JPG

DSC04308.JPG

Why did I build a T-Rex? I don't remember. Why is he leaning so much? All I remember is I had a really hard time deciding what color to paint it. It was either this or hot pink. The first and only animal I did. I found it difficult to make something look alive and was not pleased with the result. This is maybe 14" or 16" long.

DSC04324.JPG
DSC04326.JPG
DSC04329.JPG

I still have a bunch of models I never started. I need to get rid of them. I have a Revell 1/144 U-Boat that I was super detailing and I just stopped working on it... It is all there and ready to paint.

I guess one day I just decided I wasn't going to build these things anymore.

Last edited:
All excellent work. If it helps I don't see any flaws but I know what you mean.

The incipient face plant TRex actually adds some 'movement'. Well modeled even so. Scatch built?

The incipient face plant TRex actually adds some 'movement'. Well modeled even so. Scatch built?[/QUOTE said:
It is a resin kit. It was not leaning so much initially. I did not sufficiently support him. He is heavy. I should fix it one day. It would not be difficult.

11 inch lunar module from ufo my 3d print

Attachments

• 20190512_153729.jpg
    20190512_153729.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190512_153814.jpg
    20190512_153814.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 184
I haven't finished any models recently, but these are worth reposting (I think). These pics are like 10 years old so I'm going to have to take some larger pics!

Scratchbuilt 1/48 Chiss Clawcraft SW Gamer magazine version, not the Essential Guide. The weathering doesn't show up hardly at all, and I should have made it a little darker to better match the illustration. That's my weakest part of this model. I did make the wings larger because in the books they describe it looking like a claw holding the cockpit and the EG version had wings that I thought were a little too small.
sWSBzIl.jpg

mLCL0KC.jpg

tIuOFmZ.jpg

Everything behind the wings was a guess because the SW Gamer article only showed it from the side.
zDh4Mex.jpg

1/72 Finemolds Rogue Squadron Wedge Antilles X-Wing. Decals by JBOT. I figured Rogue Squadron would have better maintenance and cleaner X-Wings, but after finishing I wish I would have added a little more weathering. The base is supposed to be the step of the Star Destroyer leading up to the bridge so he's firing either into the bridge or shield towers. Again weathering was my weak point on the base too. I also forgot to take a closeup of the kill markings, but I copied Wedge's X-Wing on the cover of one of the Rogue Squadron comics that had both Death Stars and a ton of TIES.
AVxkFr6.jpg

XVxpowa.jpg

ShpIHdm.jpg

FTKfxmN.jpg

Interior damage that got covered up:
H77yXJU.jpg

I never posted this one because it was a LONG time ago and the pics are tiny. This was a quick build of The Lunatic from the Wraith Squadron novels. If you haven't read them, they come out of hyperspace and get hit by an ion mine that knocks out the X-Wings and a shuttle. They figure someone is going to come investigate so they come up with a crazy plan to cobble together a one person "ship" to try to board the responding Imperial ship to get a help signal out. So they take the cargo smuggling compartment out, stick fuel tanks on it, put attitude jets on it to maneuver, and mount a R2 unit on top to steer it. I tried to make it look sloppy or like it was stuck together in a hurry, hence the crooked supports. I intended to make "Piggy" with his chopped down X-Wing laser to stand alongside, but never got around to it. It was posted on Aaron Allston's website. I need to redo parts of it because it fell off the shelf. I used the R2 from the old vintage X-Wing kit, so it's whatever scale that is.
IeYlL3s.jpg

B2EBgCs.jpg

A0x0f8j.jpg

My Bandai 1/72 collection so far. Assembled and painted by StevetheSwede.

Attachments

• 13-TIE-Completed-260519.jpeg
    13-TIE-Completed-260519.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 14-TIE-Completed-260519.jpeg
    14-TIE-Completed-260519.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180513_150310.jpg
    20180513_150310.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180520_160755-1.jpg
    20180520_160755-1.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 20180526_204244.jpg
    20180526_204244.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 192

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back