[ORIGINAL IDEA] "SuperNSwoman" // Design Ideas wanted!

I made two variants:

Variant.jpg

Variantvoor.jpg

I'm not so sure. I think with the 'white' variant it's way 'too' white, and since the color yellow is more appearant than white.....

I went and sketched up a quick idea of what I was talking about. On the left is the design the way you colored it up. On the right is what I was talking about as far as taking the yellow off the arms and then just using it on the boots. I added a line to the inside part of the arms to break up the white a bit. I would use the same color you use on the collar for the lines on the arms and I think that could work fine. I would maybe take the blue a little farther down the gloves.

2011-11-211140.jpg

I was looking at the second train again and I think you could take the very front of the train and use that for a shoulder pad design. Basically just draw a vertical line where the door begins and take everything from there forward to use for the design. The gray area from the top down to the little bit of yellow where the lights are would cover the shoulder and then the rest of the yellow area down to the gray on the bottom would cover your arm down to a little above where you elbow is.

2011-11-211141.jpg

A little something like that.

Steve

So today I started working on the helmet. I finally have time. Tomorrow I will buy some other supplies toe fill in the empty spaces. :) It's all about the basic shape now.

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5843-1.jpg

Mind you, this is the 3rd helmet on the first sheet! It will change of course, but I'm just...getting the basics down.

Because I couldn't wait, a wearing test + color mockup:

SLThelm2.jpg

The grey part where the mouth is, might be cutted away eventually.. Not quite sure yet.

And we're going on...this a few weeks of work.
IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

Sanding now again.

IMG_6046.jpg

How do you get hour helmets so insanely round, smooth and shiney!? :|

The helmet is looking good so far. As far as smooth and shiny it'll be like working on a car. A lot of sanding to get it to the smoothness you want. Then paint, sealer and wax. Then just buff it out and you should be able to get a nice mirrored surface. I think you need to repost the suit pic. I'm not seeing an image.

Steve

Nevermind. Seems to be the computer I was using. I'm seeing the image just fine today. Looks pretty good. Should look pretty good when it's cut out and assembled.

Last edited:
Anyone knows a printing company somewhere? Maybe overseas? Because I just can't seem to find a company in The Netherlands. It's a pain in the...well you know.

Wow! I really love this project! Sure hope SuperNSWoman doesn't have as much delay as the actual NS. (Ghehehe..)
As for a printing company.. not sure if you still need it, but you might wanna check fabricondemand.com
I'm printing my Spiderman pattern with fabric on demand as we speak.
They're cheap, fast and have a great customer service. Dye-sub printing is still kinda pricy though. You might wanna save at least 80 euro's for a suit.
Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you need some extra info.

Problem with super NS woman. If she acts like the railroad company she would always be late. Whether it snows or when there are leafs on the road she wouldn't show up at all for hours.
Sorry i haven't had great experiences with the NS. Something with the Feestfabriek event and a 4 hours delay.

My problem with the Dutch is that they always complain about these things while that might have been a one time event. I have had a five hour delay once but I couldn't care less. I don't even remember when it happened.
So many experiences abroad made me love our railways. Appreciate what you have bro.

BUMP!

The Dutch Railways have started a series of movies in comic style. I responded with the fact that they desperately needed new costumes. They agreed.........

HELP I STARTED SOMETHING AGAIN!

Fabricondemand will get an order soon...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back