Original X-Men Cyclops outfit advice?

emeraldnite

So with convention season coming up soon I wanted to cosplay as an an actual superhero (need some variety from the Doctor Who suit). I decided that I want to try for Cyclops' original X-men outfit. So far I just bought a nice set of yellow Cyclops'-ian visors. For the yellows I just plan on getting a shirt, boxers, gloves, and I suppose paint some pirate boots (do those kinds of boots come in yellow?).

Anyways I just thought I'd post to see if anyone could offer advice on where to get a black body suit with a hood, or if anyone had even tried this idea before.
uncanny-x-men-2-prof-x-and-x-men-1-50k.jpg

I can give an idea for the Cyclops visor....

IF you're lucky enough, like me, to have a store chain called Five Below near you, I just saw on their sunglass rack a pair of "futuristic/robo" shades that would be PERFECT for an inexpensive Cyclops visor prop! They have a red, slit-style, one-piece lens tall enough to see out of easily, silver frame with a shape that reminds one of the comic book versions of his visor, and for $5 or less (I think their shades are $4), you can afford to buy a few to modify with the correct color, dress up with greeblies, or remove the ear pieces to attach it to a cowl, etc.

I'll head over there when I have a chance and snap a pic with my cell phone camera. :cool

EDIT: Oops, just noticed that you already bought visors. :$

My question now would be: Do they have red lenses? If they do, cool. If not, these shades at Five Below DO, so they still might be of interest to you, or to anyone else that wants to dress up as Cyke. :cool

Wow, no Five Belows in CA! Lame!

The glasses I bought don't have red lenses, but the yellow is incredibly accurate I think. It is this style, but for some reason there don't appear to be anymore yellow ones (maybe I got lucky with the last set).

VISOR Club DEVO Robot Cyclops DIVA Sunglasses (WHITE) | eBay

And here's a picture of mine.
Screen%20shot%202011-05-27%20at%205.57.36%20PM.png
The ones at Five Below are similar, but have a narrower lens... still tall enough to see out of easily, but look more like his visors in the comic AND have the accurate red lens. Didn't see any gold or yellow frames at the store near work, but I could always check a different location. I'll snap a pic tomorrow if they still have any, and post it for you. If you're interested in getting a pair or 3, we can work something out for me to pick 'em up and ship them to you. We can arrange that through PM if that's what you want to do.

Let me get you a couple pics and you can see what you think.

Here you go.... the design is actually more similar to what you picked out than I remembered, but with the red lens.

5BelowCyclopsShades.jpg

I still think it'll be perfect for the retro costume. Just repaint the frame and you'll be good to go.

PM me if you want a pair or 3. They're $5 each. :cool

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back