Pencil toppers - An early Star Wars knock-off?

Wavey

Sr Member
I've been meaning to track down the origins of these two pencil toppers for.... ooOh.... must be 40 years, lol. Bought at the same time as the light blue R2D2 topper/eraser/rubber - as the lil'old shop didn't have the rest of the Star Wars selection in at the time. I think R2 was the first topper and may have been sold on its own, so that would make the date somewhere in autumn 1978.

What reminded me of these things is I just got round to seeing Star Wars VII last week and I thought I saw the yellow trooper knock-off make an appearance in the film for about 1 or 2 seconds. The trooper is in the lower right of the screen and turns toward camera - of course I may have dreamed that up but hey, I'm a dreamer, that's what I do! :D Anyone out there have any ideas?

Attachments

• PenTops.JPG
    PenTops.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 490
Oooh superb findings there MF! Thanks loads!! Cor, there's a whole set and in different colours!!! Think I found something else to collect now lol, cheaper than chunks of old planes.

Thanks again!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back