Suggestion pepakura subforum

EyeofSauron

Master Member
well, we all know that a database for pep files is out of the question with all the permissions you would need to get from modelers, but why not have a subforum where everyone can post his own pep files. this way you wouldnt have to search through the entire forum for a file. and you dont need to have permissions, cause you only post your own files anyway :)
just an idea.

The primary reason we haven't done so is that we, generally don't break down the forums by build type. We don't have a fiberglassing forum or a vacforming forum.

While you can find this in a number of areas, the question becomes; if I have a pep-based Iron Man, does it go in the pep forum or the Marvel forum?

What about a subforum in each area and a subforum in the general Replica Costume forum?

that seems a little excessive, as it would give 5 or 6 subforums just for pep. i would just make one, and put everything in there. and i dont mean do any build threads in there, just people posting their files.

its obvious that theres no need for a fiberglassing forum etc, this is not intended as a showoff forum of what pep you built, just to share files (that was at least my thought)

and if its like that, iron man files can go in there as well, cause that would be the resource forum for all pep files.

What about one forum just to hold files, Pep and otherwise? Then build threads can link to that post or they can go search in that forum for what they are looking for?

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I look at things from an architecture standpoint and think 'If I was looking for this file, where would I go to find it?' and it just seems to make sense to have a files depository forum for things like that, though you'd also want to link to it in your build thread. (Which everyone may know how to do, but maybe there should be a 'This is how you link to your file' blurb in case someone who isn't used to this forum type needs help? But then I rabbit hole into an entire FAQ so I am taking my brain out of that spiral right now.) :)

Paper props has the HP sub-forum. I think it'd be cool for DC, Marvel, Star Wars, and Judge Dredd's to each have pepakura sub-forums.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back