Question Photobucket images not showing up or replaced (answered)

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
Is anyone else seeing a Photobucket image with a URL to go to photobucket.com/P500 showing up where our images should be?

And too my computer fan kicks on like crazy on threads that have those images replacing ours.

I'm curious if y'all are having similar issues?

Off to run some anti-virus/malware programs!!!

Re: Is it just me, or has the site been hacked?

It's Photobucket, they've completely sold out and went crazy with ads and restrictions now.

Re: Photobucket images not showing up or replaced

Is anyone else seeing a Photobucket image with a URL to go to photobucket.com/P500 showing up where our images should be?

And too my computer fan kicks on like crazy on threads that have those images replacing ours.

I'm curious if y'all are having similar issues?

Off to run some anti-virus/malware programs!!!

It ain't a virus or malware.

Photobucket apparently got it in their heads that because so many people use their service, they wouldn't mind paying for it. As such, they converted the vast majority of accounts to where you need to pay for the privilege of sharing.

People are not happy, to say the least. A huge number of people are dropping Photobucket and switching to different sites like Imgur or TinyPic.

Thanks Guys!

I wasn't really asking a question about Photobucket, somebody changed my topic from "Has the site been hacked?"

When I went to the URL in the photo that replaces ours it goes to somebody's Photobucket account, and not an official looking Photobucket explination page, so I figured somebody hacked in here and was trying to gain notarity by replacing our images with a link to their Photobucket account as a calling card for the hack.

With my fan kicking straight into hyper-blow I figured something was amiss on the pages here with those "calling card" images. No viruses or malware found though after a thorough screening.

Your fan going crazy might indicate the CPU is being swamped with some kind of script. Since the PB site should only be sending a JPEG, you may want to determine what else is doing this. If you have Firefox, install Firebug and use that to determine what's downloading using the Net tab.

FYI, I believe TinyPic is owned by Photobucket. Look at the developer name in the app store.

Photobucket apparently got it in their heads that because so many people use their service, they wouldn't mind paying for it.

Not just pay for it, pay $400 for it. And they didn't even warn anyone, which is basically extortion, because forum records everywhere have been wrecked now. Complete BS and I hope they go out of business for this.

So how does one access the photo's for some threads that have this? Curious as I've clicked some and it does take me to the photo's others do not..... :facepalm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE YOUR IMAGES FROM PHOTOBUCKET!!!!

If you have images linked here to the RPF, PLEASE don't delete them. We are preparing to migrate to a new platform that will allow us to pull your photos from photobucket to the RPF (yes... even with their change in policy). If you simply delete your photobucket account, the images you have linked to here on the RPF will simply be gone forever, rending your posts worthless.

Holy Crap, thank God I didn't delete them. Thanks RPF for looking for solutions as most of these post are completely useless without pictures. In the mean time I can recommend that people use Imgur. Its similar to photobucket and provides img links. Additionally, they do not have an anti-3rd party policy, yet...

I second Lear60man, RPF should consider putting a sticky in all the major threads to inform people of what is in the works.

Thanks for this, every paper prop thread I've looked at has every image saying that and was really frustrating. So as of now the best thing to do is to wait for the new platform that was talked about above?

Thanks for this, every paper prop thread I've looked at has every image saying that and was really frustrating. So as of now the best thing to do is to wait for the new platform that was talked about above?

Yes, hold tight. Interesting thing......If I Google say, XWing and then hit images a bunch of images will pop up. I can scroll down to one and it says its from XYZ forum. When you click on the picture, it will take you to the thread.........but the actual picture is gone and replaced by the Photobucket error one. So the images are on Google via Images, but have vanished from the forums.

Its like Photobucket has blocked access to the forums, but Google images can make the connection and show you a preview of the picture. Hope this makes sense.

Photobucket apparently got it in their heads that because so many people use their service, they wouldn't mind paying for it. As such, they converted the vast majority of accounts to where you need to pay for the privilege of sharing.

People are not happy, to say the least. A huge number of people are dropping Photobucket and switching to different sites like Imgur or TinyPic.

I knew there was a reason I haven't used that site in 10+ years. I'm trying to fathom why anyone would ever use it without that ability. To keep pictures stored is the only benefit. Literally.

But considering we have cameras, phones, apps, clouds for that, even that is stretching it. And considering you can use a multitude of free sites, yeah... I hope they go out of business soon.

Aha...now it all makes sense. Was gonna take the plunge and pay the photobucket fee but **** them. Any news on when the site will have the problem sorted?

This post by @OdiWan72 will fix the PB problem @ArtAndrews can't we get the word out

"Don´t know, if you guys have seen this by now, but there seems to be a fix for displaying the old PB pictures again:

Here are some direct links to get extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers to delete the PB ransom demand and restore the original image:

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

No add on for Internet Explorer so far, but a start ;)

Markus"

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back