Interest Pirates of the Carribean: New run of Aztec Gold Coins (24k gold plated metal coins)

The problem with false grail is cause it is in resin, but there will not be problem to plate metal item, in that case this coins ;)
The problem is the coating that's already on the coins. I had contact multiple goldplaters and had some test-platings done, and a lot of them were not able to plate on the coating, nor remove the coting before plating. Quite a few coins were destroyed in trying to plate them. The goldplater I found for these is the 6th or 7th that gave it a try and came with a good result. So it's not that straight forward, it seems. Not every goldplater will be able to do the job. So that's why I think that a plater that manages to plate resin, probably has LOTS of experience and might succeed in plating these coins.

Anyway, doesn't matter a lot. After this run, I'm out, but it seems there are still quite some people interested in a coins, so if somebody else want to give it a try: go ahead! ;-)

The sculpt is still a bit off (a bit too "thick"), but in my opinion it's already ten times better than the "licensed" MR coins. They said these would be cast from the original, but I really doubt that (or the person that made the molds did a TERRIBLE job and lost almost all the details).

So I think this will be the most screen accurate coin you will ever see (unless someone really can make casts of a screen used hero coin and goldplate them).
Yeah... I owned a MR coin and these are way better. Which is why I buy more ;) :)
I'm thinking of 3D modelling a more accurate version.

OK, all coins that were paid for are shipped! Tracking numbers added in the opening post. You can track them here:

No need to fill out the zipcode. Just fill out tracking code and hit Enter. If a tracking code does not work, I probably made a type, so let me know in that case. I think you can also use the same tracking code in the tracking system of your local postal service once they enter your country.

3 Coins are not yet paid for. If they are not claimed, I'll keep them untill everybody in this shipment gets their coin. (If for some reason one of the coins doesn't arrive, I have a few spares to resend in that case, rather than having to issue a refund). After that, they can go to the first people on the backup list. I noticed that the 3 remaining people on the INT list were online this weekend, so they should have seen my PM. I sent out a reminder and will give them time until end of the week to contact me. Their spots will be gone if I don't hear from them by Friday.

That's it for now! I hope all coins arrive safely! If you get cursed some way or another: not my responsibility!!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi, can I be added to the backup list? I'd love to own one.
I can put you on the backup list, but I doubt there will be coins left. 3 are still "available" (if all shipped ones arrive safely). But maybe someone else will do a third run, and can use the backup list?

Just a quick message to avoid confustion: I just got a message from one of the buyers who tells me the shipping cost on the samp is less then what I charged for shipping. This is correct, since this is just the price of shipping. The tracking option (the barcode) is not reflected in the price of the stamp, off course. So that's why I also stated that shipping itself is OK, but tracking makes it quite expensive.

Just wanted to make this clear, to avoid having to answer the same question multiple times. Anyway, Shipping costs were clear up front, I think. For the people that bought two coins, shipping was actually more expensive than €20, but since I communicated that it would be the same to ship one or two coins, I took this extra shipping cost on me.

Updated 3 tracking codes that had a typo in them... Seems that most USA shipments had to pass customs, but did clear customs in the meanwhile. I hope they all arrive safely...

Glad to see they start arriving.

I'm afraid I'm out of coins now... I kept a few for myself, but didn't send these off to the goldplater. So they are just polished copper / brass looking.

Still have one "unclaimed" gold coin that I'll keep in case one of the shipped coins does not arrive. So if all arrive safely, the you might sill get one, kjkelley . Fingers crossed...

Not to derail the thread,but because I missed this,I went to eBay last night and was able to pick up the game these come in for 12 bucks. The prices fluctuate as for a while the prices were very high. Just a heads up for people to look out,if like me ya missed this.

Mine arrived! It is excellent, and the brown wash was a really nice touch, definitely gave it the right look. Thank you again for the run!

Got mine in, looks awesome! I definitely regret only grabbing one though now lol. Still deciding where/how I’m going to display it on my shelf here but you get the general idea of what I’m going for!

Attachments

• 5328515C-6782-45B8-B503-5071045F4C5F.jpeg
    5328515C-6782-45B8-B503-5071045F4C5F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
  • 0E9CE740-F198-4C3F-8208-0B25F4FE9D30.jpeg
    0E9CE740-F198-4C3F-8208-0B25F4FE9D30.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 155

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back