Question PMing not working in RPF?

We are seeing a number of double posts at the moment, that is probably why you are seeing that particular message. It's your second (the double post) that is generating that message.

People are double tapping because the message is just hanging there not doing anything. It will go through after a couple minutes taking the double tap with it...Still dragging today. Very frustrating. I wouldn't care if I hadn't become so accustomed (over the years) to using the PM feature as my primary means of communication.

So, is there some confusion as to what exactly is going on or is this just the way it's going to be, now?

-Rylo

I'm having issues sending and responding to pm and I can only use the quick reply function. I cannot start a new thread, cannot post reply to existing threas and I can't use the quoting function in the quick reply. I"ve cleared all my cookies run CCLeaner to make sure they were all gone rebooted and shut down no script, ad block and ghostery and still nuttin.

I know I'm just being the problem child for the moment :lol

And editing my own posts isn't working as well.

I wanted to add that I am unable to subscribe to threads also. I don't want to make a meaningless post in a thread in order to subscribe to it.

Are you using any ad/script blockers? Also, did you changed any settings in your browser before this problem started?

I remember a similar incident happening awhile ago, and it was due to a newly installed browser add-on.

I have disabled ad block, no script, ghostery, almost all of my security the only thing I haven't disabled is my firewall and anti virus. This occurred shortly after I went to a premium user account. Now Firefox is yapping at me to upgrade, AGAIN. So it might be an issue with FF. I'll perform the upgrade and try it again.

lets try this with everything except AV and firewall disabled

eta: It worked with everything disabled seeing if editing post works

Last edited:
Hi there,

again PM's hanging in the balance . . . whilest in the background they have been send, still waiting for replies though and it took forever to upload this reply

-Chaim

Last edited:
Hi Art,

I am getting the same issue, after replying a PM it just hangs there forever.. i have over 30 un-reply PM's and this is really not productive.

Basically i resetted my safari browser, clear cache, history etc and still the issue persist.

Apparently, a forum posting shows "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds." error, i just click ONCE on the submit button.

I dunno if this is related but my ability to pm from my mobil app (tapatalk) seems to appear and disappear here at random. Ie some days it shows I can, some days I can't. It's not the app I don't think because it only happens with this forum...so maybe it's related??? Ideas anyone?

The PM feature has just been jacked up (on and off) for weeks.

I don't think they know what the problem is, yet.

Ok..roger. Just thought I'd add that it seems to be affecting mobile versions too, realizing of course that this is probably not the most technically helpful comment ;p

As of now, the PM function is back to normal. A special shout out to Art Andrews for taking care of us!

Hopefully this stays normal all the way!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back