Predator (Hawkins Comic)

P

predpaul

As you know I am making a remake of Predator and there are very few paper props. I'm having a shot at making Hawkins Sgt Rock comic book from the titles.

36401_452708145080_567675080_6203892_1250936_n.jpg

The name is different because it's from my promo of the movie. You can see it here

Here's where I am so far. Used illustrator's Live trace. Still need to colour it Wish me luck? :cool

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/12/1340991//sgtrock-WIP.jpg

sgt-rock-WIP.jpg

This is the image I'm working from.

sgtrock-preview.jpg

Paul .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, Paul:thumbsup

Thanks mate. Been on it all day, well between watching the World Cup anyway :p

I made an animated gif of the stages I worked in there was 15 layers in total. It took approx 12 hours :cool

sgt-rock-color-anim.gif

And here it is in full size

Paul .'.

Hey PredPaul, sorry I don't have a reference or anything to help you out but I just saw this and wanted to say you've done an awesome job with the reproduction so far, especially how you put it all together with the GIF. It looks great, just like the one Shane Black is holding in the movie. I can't wait to see how this turns out :D \m/

How 'bout all the comic book collectors on here (lots of us right?) look for Sgt. Rock #408 next time they go (Wednesday for most of us) and if we see it...get it. I don't think it is expensive.

The other day i decided to browse ebay for film stuff and came across a copy of sgt Rock #408, so of course i had to get it and bought it for $10 inc shipping, was absolutly made up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back