predator head

TeRRoR

well after browsing the forums and researching i decided to make my predator costume, so i started off by getting one of chucks(ruffkintoys) predator head, so after reading TMI's write up on how to paint P1/P2 heads i decided to give it a shot. i have never airbrushed anything in my life so this is my first time, so let me know what you guys think

base coat
Picture003-1.jpg

spots of sort
Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

mouth with a few viens
Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

and were i am at to this point

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

any feedback and help is welcomed ill take the good with the bad

Looks so Good!
Started mine 1 day ago but have been here a long time reading
And hope I can make these guys & gals proud
of what I learned like you are showing now

Drigan- dude I know how you feel I've had my Biohunter76 P2 for a couple weeks now trying to build the guts to start, I'm waiting on my feet and hand from ruffkin I'll stsrt on them first :(

Looks good so far. Seems like you are taking your time and it is paying off. What airbrush are you using? Given I am a first time airbrusher as well - would be interested to know. Keep it up!

Thats looking good! I like your spot pattern. Here are a few things I noticed:

-there are some areas of the head that lack spots...I dont know if this was intentional, but a uniform spot pattern is usually better. Something that looks organic and yet random works best. This is a quick photoedit to show you what I mean:

001.jpg.gif

-the teeth are bit too straight...they look vampire-like? Most all Pred teeth that I've seen are somewhat curved. If those are the teeth that came with it, then cool, but you can always make your own quite easily using sculpy.

-there are eight little horny things on the top of the head...if you highlight them with a bone type paint they will stand out better.

Again, these are just my opinions - take them with a grain of salt...

thats what im looking for is peoples opinions so thank you, i agree need more spots but i also added a lil more to it so ill post pics in a lil bit

Thin your white with Future Floor Wax... it will give your paint a transparent quality so that when you spray it on the black, it will lighten the entire piece without it looking like you sprayed very opaque white on top of the mask. I had issues with this when I first started using an airbrush and I hated it when that happened. Then I started thinning the white with Future and it came out awesome.

Dan

some more pics as it sits right now

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

still a couple more things i wanna tweak but getting to what i want. kids call it trike o.o

yeah still debating on what to do i have an idea of how the rest of the body is going to be to flow with the head piece

Back