Pro shop electronic x-wing

damon5973

what is the deal with this? I have seen it once before..is it rare? wanted? any info would be great.

cost? etc...

thanks

The ProShop is the largest "plastic" X-Wing model. It has motorized wings and a motorized opening canopy. It comes with GOW bulbs to light the cockpit and engines. It also has recorded sound bites of Luke from ANH. It's all a bit cheesy. I built one to practise painting for my SS X-Wing. They sold for $50 in stores and can be found on ebay for about $20-$25.

I bought one when they first came out. I recently unboxed it and sent it to Apophis for a build and paint up. The pictures speak for themselves. An excellent paint job can make this kit look sweet!

It has a lot of potential. It needs more surface detailing on the fuselage, less detailing in the wing insets. The mechanics are good but need some tweaking to get the wings to close tight. The pilot and Artoo figures are fairly good as well though it is all a far cry from the gorgeous Fine Molds kits.

I rate this one much better than the MPC kit. I know this will create a stir, but the MPC kit has this altogether wildly inaccurate shape to the lower fuselage that puts me right off it.

I built one for a friend some years ago and it came out very nice. If I find some photos, I'll put them up.

Here is mine... It is moderately to heavily modified.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=54181

032209033.jpg

032209034.jpg

032209030.jpg

032209029.jpg

it seems that with some skill it can look quite nie, and relatively cheap.

do you think having a build up would be expensive?

how would it compare to a 1/72 y-wing?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back