Limited Run Range Trooper Helmet Kits from Solo

IMG_3477.JPG IMG_3478.JPG

Just received mine today! The helmet looks great, and the cast is super clean. Can't wait to get started on this project.

Just received mine today! The helmet looks great, and the cast is super clean. Can't wait to get started on this project.

Don't forget to post pics when you get it all painted up.

If anyone else wants to get in on this run, please post here and I'll PM you with payment details.

Daily bump.

If anyone else wants to get in on this run, please post here and I'll PM you with payment details.

Daily bump.

Finally painted a couple of these guys:
View attachment 978174

Post here if you'd like a kit and I'll PM you with details.
Just received mine, fantastic, clean mold! Cant wait to work on it. I had a question from this picture, 1. Did you paint over the white if so what shade of white or did you just weather it? 2. Are the scratches painted or actully ecthed in? Thanks again and great work![emoji16][emoji106]

Just received mine, fantastic, clean mold! Cant wait to work on it. I had a question from this picture, 1. Did you paint over the white if so what shade of white or did you just weather it? 2. Are the scratches painted or actully ecthed in? Thanks again and great work![emoji16][emoji106]

I started by trimming out the eyes and neck hole, sanding down any visible mold seam line, then scratching the scuff marks and damage into the surface with a rasp, a knife, and some coarse sandpaper. Then the whole thing was washed, primed, and painted with a couple coats of Rustoleum satin Blossom White. The chin greeblies were painted with the darkest gunmetal metallic I had handy before being glued on. The weathering was a heavy blackwash with a few spots picked out in some shade of dirty yellow I had handy.

The weathering process was actually broadcast on Facebook live just for gits and shiggles:

Awesome. Wow thank you for sharing! Cant wait to get started on this bad boy[emoji16][emoji106]
I started by trimming out the eyes and neck hole, sanding down any visible mold seam line, then scratching the scuff marks and damage into the surface with a rasp, a knife, and some coarse sandpaper. Then the whole thing was washed, primed, and painted with a couple coats of Rustoleum satin Blossom White. The chin greeblies were painted with the darkest gunmetal metallic I had handy before being glued on. The weathering was a heavy blackwash with a few spots picked out in some shade of dirty yellow I had handy.

The weathering process was actually broadcast on Facebook live just for gits and shiggles:

Hey watched your weathering video last night it was fantastic! What liquid were you using to remove the acrylic black? Was that rubbing alcohol or water? Thanks man

I was wondering if it was possible to get an interior view of your finished helmet? I'm kind of new to the helmet kit game and was wondering how you attached your visor.

Hey watched your weathering video last night it was fantastic! What liquid were you using to remove the acrylic black? Was that rubbing alcohol or water? Thanks man

I use a splash of rubbing alcohol to break surface tension and make things flow better. Then I use wet cloth to start ragging off the black acrylic paint. I gradually use drier and drier rags until I'm basically just buffing down the parts that I want to look cleaner.

I was wondering if it was possible to get an interior view of your finished helmet? I'm kind of new to the helmet kit game and was wondering how you attached your visor.

I use gaffer's tape. There's probably a classier way, but gaff tape or gorilla tape usually work well enough to make me happy. Hot glue would also be just fine for this particular lid. It's easy to remove if you need to readjust things.

Daily bump.

Daily bump.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back