Reaction to MR V2 Design?

To MR: Could I make a suggestion for the color scheme? I think the copper accents should be much more brownish than what is on the prototype...they just pop too much, at least in the pics posted.

- John

The copper color really pops in those flashlight pics taken at the MR party, it looks nowhere near as shiny as that in person, it looks a very dull brown.

As for the D-ring, I think we can spin it one more notch to make it look exactly like on the Emperor's chair while still looking like the pic we have of it hanging from Luke's belt. I'll try it and see.

Barry

To MR: Could I make a suggestion for the color scheme? I think the copper accents should be much more brownish than what is on the prototype...they just pop too much, at least in the pics posted.

- John

You would have to see what they used as a reference first. I'm sure they aren't using low-res screen caps as color references like the rest of us.

FB

Edit------------
Damn, I didn't see Barry's post
Edit------------

Last edited:
The copper color really pops in those flashlight pics taken at the MR party, it looks nowhere near as shiny as that in person, it looks a very dull brown.
Barry

OK cool. Yeah, I thought the flash might have had something to do with it. I love the look of this saber, and like many others, I see it as the iconic ROTJ saber. Looking forward to owing it myself!

As for the D-ring, I think we can spin it one more notch to make it look exactly like on the Emperor's chair while still looking like the pic we have of it hanging from Luke's belt. I'll try it and see.

Barry

I actually really like the current configuration. As you said, it shows off the features of the saber, but keeps the clamp from hitting your leg. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be the best way to idealize it while still keeping the look.

I would agree with DS - I think it's the clamp that rotates throughout various shots

from all the pictures I've seen, the D-ring and the cone are opposite each other...in fact, that would make the most sense, otherwise the cone could poke into your leg if somebody is wearing the saber.

personally i would like to see the cone and the clamp match up, with the D-ring opposite...

Dan

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back