Limited Run Resin Cast Thermoptic Pistol - Ghost In The Shell - 2nd Run Interest List

Update: My guy purchased a new de-gasser to continue casting in Wellington. First night it caught on fire and blew a bunch of fuses. :cautious: However, the good news is that he is moving back to Auckland city mid-April, back to the workshop with all the equipment he was using before. So we have opted to wait until then to continue casting. So, this delay has put us about a month behind. However, I will still aim for May/June to have these finished and shipped. Thanks for your patience. (y)

Hey T... Do you have any idea on the new time frame? This prop is a destroyer of initial time frames.
Ha ha, seems to be! But I just spoke with my guy and we are back into it today. He pointed out that casting the clear pieces definitely takes more time than standard resin, but I assured him that we are more concerned with quality than speed. All that said we are still aiming for May/June as planned. (y)

Any chance for a quick update? Very curious what the progress in the last 2 months has been and what shipping date is realistic.
Thanks!
Alex

Ironic timing as I had planned on an update today having been updated myself last night.

As mentioned my guy in NZ is back in the Auckland studio workshop, however this new show has been full-on leaving little time for "personal projects". As those of us in the film industry well know, it ain't no 9 to 5 job. lol. Also, the original pressure pot belonged to the previous workshop manager and left when he did. So we have purchased a pressure pot...
3yR7cSL.jpg

So casting has resumed...
jQTv9Gw.jpg

bzEEyTu.jpg

JkXObeb.jpg

Time frame - we are a good month behind now. The parts will be shipped to me mid June and aiming to ship the completed replicas July. I'll update the timeline in the OP.

The good news I wanted to share was that we are now looking at adding metal barrels. (I know Yaan & faust1103, I know. Lol.) These would be shaped and polished of course. Still a few issues to work through with it, but hoping it will at least be an option...
pd16Eo1.jpg

hz0tqLT.jpg

Yu8ZZKj.jpg

Thanks for following along. (y)

Ironic timing as I had planned on an update today having been updated myself last night.

As mentioned my guy in NZ is back in the Auckland studio workshop, however this new show has been full-on leaving little time for "personal projects". As those of us in the film industry well know, it ain't no 9 to 5 job. lol. Also, the original pressure pot belonged to the previous workshop manager and left when he did. So we have purchased a pressure pot...
View attachment 1023865

So casting has resumed...
View attachment 1023866

View attachment 1023867

View attachment 1023868

Time frame - we are a good month behind now. The parts will be shipped to me mid June and aiming to ship the completed replicas July. I'll update the timeline in the OP.

The good news I wanted to share was that we are now looking at adding metal barrels. (I know Yaan & faust1103, I know. Lol.) These would be shaped and polished of course. Still a few issues to work through with it, but hoping it will at least be an option...
View attachment 1023869

View attachment 1023870

View attachment 1023871

Thanks for following along. (y)
Oh yeah! Gotta add the metal barrels.

First run is now full. (y)

If you want one and didn't get on the first run, please post your interest for the 2nd run (ETA TBC).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back