revision of Indiana Jones Lost Journal

Absolutely! :) I
want a as-close-to-cannon/ official journal as I can get, but at the same time, this will be my journal. Who knows how it may be used when I make appearances at conventions or hospitals or school groups? A few years back I did a scavenger hunt at the library where Indy meets the captain from the ship in King Kong who gives him a map of what remained of Skull Island and the surrounding isles. Another year, the kids traced the seven ancient wonders of the world in search of an ancient war machine. They may get a mention in my journal as well. Excited to see the sample pages and what the revised journal ultimately looks like!

Thinking about this again and thought I would post some questions. 1) Will there be any mention of Deirdre Campbell made? 2) For that matter, what about Sofia Hapgood and the adventure from The Fate of Atlantis? The Infernal Machine? 3) Will this be a PDF, zip file of jpegs or some other format? 4) Will you be recommending materials to use for replicating the different inserts?
Looking forward to this, and thanks in advance!

When I wrote the original Lost Journal, LFL gave specific instructions to avoid Indy's marraige to Deirdre, hence the torn out pages covering that part of his life. I did mention her on the page with the Camozotz mask (erroneously spelled "Diedre") which includes a note by the Russians saying they didn't have any more information about her. Sophia, on the other hand, is mentioned and even shown "in the flesh" in a newspaper clipping in the FOA section of the Lost Journal.

Thinking about this again and thought I would post some questions. 1) Will there be any mention of Deirdre Campbell made? 2) For that matter, what about Sofia Hapgood and the adventure from The Fate of Atlantis? The Infernal Machine? 3) Will this be a PDF, zip file of jpegs or some other format? 4) Will you be recommending materials to use for replicating the different inserts?
Looking forward to this, and thanks in advance!

we are still very much into writting the story and entries, Indy's wife will feature but only as far as a few mentions and photos, as far as sophia Hapgood goes, we have a professional model standing in for her in various photos and newspaper clippings to keep things consistant with the game graphics, all the games will be featured as well as many cannonal storyies we can find and make fit into the timeline. as far as format goes at the moment we are looking at "possiblally" 3 seperate volumes child years, teenage years and adult years, and maybe one "Elder Years" following his exploits after 1957 until his death ?, we have not yet discused a PDF format of the journal, just a limited number of printed copies, all contained in a "chest" with other artifacts and inserts

When I wrote the original Lost Journal, LFL gave specific instructions to avoid Indy's marraige to Deirdre, hence the torn out pages covering that part of his life. I did mention her on the page with the Camozotz mask (erroneously spelled "Diedre") which includes a note by the Russians saying they didn't have any more information about her. Sophia, on the other hand, is mentioned and even shown "in the flesh" in a newspaper clipping in the FOA section of the Lost Journal.

we are still very much into writting the story and entries, Indy's wife will feature but only as far as a few mentions and photos, as far as sophia Hapgood goes, we have a professional model standing in for her in various photos and newspaper clippings to keep things consistant with the game graphics, all the games will be featured as well as many cannonal storyies we can find and make fit into the timeline. as far as format goes at the moment we are looking at "possiblally" 3 seperate volumes child years, teenage years and adult years, and maybe one "Elder Years" following his exploits after 1957 until his death ?, we have not yet discused a PDF format of the journal, just a limited number of printed copies, all contained in a "chest" with other artifacts and inserts

Indy, you did a great job on the Lost Journal. It's good to know that this project will be a bit more filling! Thanks.
Rorschach, thanks for answering my questions, too. I would really like to be able to contribute in some way. If you are up for it, I am willing to assist with editing- proofreading, continuity, etc.

Mike,

First off, I want to say that I've been following this thread with great interest. Everyone's been doing a great job so far, and I can't wait to see the finished product. Really- can't wait. :D

Also, I have a question for you. What font are you using for Indy's handwriting from his adult years? I'd really like to use it (or something close) for an Indy board game that I'm developing.

Thanks so much
-Jonah

we are ot using a font its all hand written we have a few kids of various ages doing the writing for us to keep it authentic, and a few teenagers and so on until his adult years then the same persons doing all the handwritting. It really is a labour of love as I have to write the naritive then get it written up and Pete (DD28) has to mash it with various diagrams maps photos etc that are in and on the journal pages a lot of work hence why its taking so long...

I had a feeling you'd say that. I really appreciate the authenticity you're going for, though. Really. Inspirational.

No worries, by the way. I found a font that's "good enough" for my purposes. Looks nothing like the Lost Journal, but I don't really mind. Still looks kinda Indy to me.

Thanks anyway.

we are ot using a font its all hand written we have a few kids of various ages doing the writing for us to keep it authentic, and a few teenagers and so on until his adult years then the same persons doing all the handwritting. It really is a labour of love as I have to write the naritive then get it written up and Pete (DD28) has to mash it with various diagrams maps photos etc that are in and on the journal pages a lot of work hence why its taking so long...

A labour of love indeed

ok this is still an ongoing project - just taking a lot longer than we originally thought - but will be worth it in the end

x3/4 journals - maybe another one as well.
over 800 inserts, maps, tickets, paper scraps, postcards, photos, telegrams, letters etc.
a number of actual artifacts - not disclosing which at the moment
a couple of relivent books - written and made by us to bring everything together
also possiblly the Grail Diary - Edited to fit in with our timeline and journal entries

All inserts created by us so continuity is there also we don't step on anyones shoes that way either :)

estimated time to completed somewhere in the next millenium - lol

ok this is still an ongoing project - just taking a lot longer than we originally thought - but will be worth it in the end

over 800 inserts, maps, tickets, paper scraps, postcards, photos, telegrams, letters etc.
a couple of relivent books - written and made by us to bring everything together
also possiblly the Grail Diary - Edited to fit in with our timeline and journal entries

All inserts created by us so continuity is there also we don't step on anyones shoes that way either :)

Good news but what does x3/4 mean???

Make sure I am on the list. Must have.

Tom

As I've said before - a true labor of love (and a hard one, I imagine :D ).
Can't wait to see the final result

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back