Robin Hood BBC series sword

Nibenon

Ok, while the series was pretty disappointing the costumes and props were COOL. Particularly Robin's turkish scimitar.
Anyone have any high-res pics of it (especially the sweep of the blade and the detail on the crossgaurd)?

Seriously, Google is no help. At all.

OK, this is not hi-res, but I combed through the season and got a ton of screencaps. Should've started from the ends (beginning and end), though. Would've saved a ton of superfluous work.

I got some other screencaps of the whole sword, with and without scabbard, if you want those too.

This is really a strange coincidence! I got suddenly interested in Much's shield over the past few days, but I just happened to see your thread on the front page.

The reason for the third photo is because there is a very subtle marking on the top part of the hilt (I don't know the names of the parts of swords, but I think you get what I mean). Sorry that these are kind of blurry!

I don't know much about swords, but the blade looks different. Maybe some mamelukes have this kind of blade or something...

Comparison attached. Sorry once again for the poor quality.

Last edited:
OK, this is not hi-res, but I combed through the season and got a ton of screencaps. Should've started from the ends (beginning and end), though. Would've saved a ton of superfluous work.

I got some other screencaps of the whole sword, with and without scabbard, if you want those too.

This is really a strange coincidence! I got suddenly interested in Much's shield over the past few days, but I just happened to see your thread on the front page.

The reason for the third photo is because there is a very subtle marking on the top part of the hilt (I don't know the names of the parts of swords, but I think you get what I mean). Sorry that these are kind of blurry!

Haha! Well then, let's see what we can do to get these props!

Oh my... I have the first pic, but believe or not, your's is much sharper; I hadn't noticed the decor on the crossgaurd or pommel. THAT is nice :thumbsup. Any pics of the curvature of the blade? It seems that isn't a mameluke... the blade's too broad.

I don't know much about swords, but the blade looks different. Maybe some mamelukes have this kind of blade or something...

Comparison attached. Sorry once again for the poor quality.

Nah, you're right. The blade is a scimitar blade, but the handle might be a good starting point.

OK, here are a bunch of screenshots of the blade and the scabbard.

I am so excited to see what you make!

Sorry to double post again, but I got some more screencaps that show the blade and hilt pretty clearly, and nobody has posted for a while, so...

I am almost certain that the sword the Sheriff used in season 1 episode 10 ("Peace? Off!") is the same as Robin's, minus the blue jewels on Robin's sword, plus some twine wrapped around the handle. You can see between the strands of twine where the jewels would be placed, and they match up with Robin's sword. I have therefore included pictures of this sword because they show the curvature of the blade really clearly.

I only have season 1, so that's about all that I can give you. Sorry I can't do more.

Thanks geek, nicely done!

Ok, I think the hardest part of the whole sword is the crossgaurd; the various faces, the blue gems, etc. It appears to be made of copper. Anyone have any idea how to make a copy? Could I cast copper or would I have to make it by hand (which I could, but that could be time consuming)?

*bumpity bump* does anyone else work with metal? I can handle steel just fine, but I seriously don't have the first clue when it comes to soft copper. Can it be cast? Hand-forged? Toasted and eaten with nutella?!

I can almost hear the whistle of the finished sword when I swing it through the air...

Back