[ROTJ AT-ST] New (and last) part to ID, need your help please

Re: Parts ID, please help

Hey Tox unless someone else pipes in (Steve or the guy who did the head) the closest I've found is from the Entex 1/8 Porsche 935RSR. It's not a 1:1 match but the part on the left side matches up fairly well if some of it is cut off. I noticed some variation of this section on the ATST's they used in the film too.. I think it may have been scratched. That's one thing I noticed, instead of using the actual kit parts they scratched a lot of them in the likeness of the parts from different model kits.

I got all excited last week when I ID'd a couple new parts used on the section near the ankle joints... I'd had it sitting out in view on my work bench for about 4 months and felt like an idiot for not noticing it earlier.. heheh!

Hello guys !

Please could you help to ID this part (actually those two parts, look like tranny parts from a large scale car) :

atstpartid.jpg

Thanks for your help guys !

J.

Last edited:

Th Entex is sooo close, i looked and thought the same, but nay, they really threw this one up in the air huh lol.
Ive checked all the F1's i can too but they either turn up too small, or just the wrong pattern, could be a later kit than we think, maybe motorcycle orrrrr...Eidai Grip knowledge anyone? LOL, im clutching hehe!

lee

Thanks guys :)

Dragnink, that's true most of the parts were scratched, but Im sure these ones was not ! Yep the Entex parts is close but definitvely not the good one...

I just need this part and 2 others and I'll get all the kitparts used on this baby (well in fact there is not so much kitparts used on it :D).

Anyway thanks for your help, if someone has any idea let us know !

Re: [ROTJ AT-ST] Parts ID, please help

Tamiya Datsun 1/12 240 i think? Could be worth a look if anyone has it, also the Porsche 910 1/12, i know its a ropey clutch at straws, but ive never seen these up close so if anything, the may be worth a look Bro!

Guess im just looking up anything large scale that ILM may have had in the stash LOL.

lee

Thanks bro for the help, the part wasnt from those kits but I finally found it while searching info for the ones you listed !

Parts found, dragnink, check your pm ;)

Last edited:

A very costly one lol, ill leave it to Julien to decide to hand out the kit info, but good find bro.

lee

I'll say it here once I get mine... Sorry but it's an expensive kit as Lee stated.

Many thanks bro for your help !!!! :thumbsup

Hey guys, so the tranny parts come from the 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 935.

Well I have another part to find. The part on the back (underside) of the head :

atstidparts.jpg

atstidpart2.jpg

Pics of Steve Neisen, the dark part (minus the leopold parts shaded in red).

Another pic I took at the Belgium exhibit :

atstidpart5.jpg

That's the last kit which bugs me ! :cry

Thanks for your help !

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back