Rubie's/HalloweenCostumes.com PKE Meter replica conversion

LeoCor Replicas

After months of this thing sitting on my worktable, I finally finished converting my HalloweenCostumes.com PKE into a somewhat better replica, however this was not a painless process. What I expected to be a simple transfer of electronics into a new shell turned into hours of re-soldering almost every connection on the board.

I did the motor mod on this one so I can control the wings, which is honestly where the trouble started. I did this mod once before, and it worked a lot easier the first time, so maybe I'm just out of practice. The worst part of this PKE is that an attempt to modify the silver buttons that cover the microswitches went awry. I thought I was using the buttons from the Rubie's PKE, since I figured I wouldn't be needing them for that shell anymore. Turns out I actually botched the ones meant for the shell I WAS using, which meant I didn't have a cover for the buttons anymore, since the covers that are on the Rubie's/Spirit round-handled model don't fit inside the square-handled HalloweenCostumes.com replica. I've come up with a temporary fix by sticking the actual switches through the holes and covering them with the grip tape to hide them.

Overall, I'm not super disappointed with how this turned out, but I would really like to fix that button issue. What does everyone else think?

(I also threw in a shot with some of my other Egon props.)

123.jpg
456.jpg
789.jpg

Looks great, thanks for sharing! May I ask where the mood slime came from?
It's from these collectible slime test tubes they released a few years ago. Each on comes with a tiny little figurine in the slime, mine came with a terror dog. I just took the figurine out, and transferred the slime into a small jar.

51KuNplod3L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back