Rubie's Mandalorian Blasters

Leeway

These showed up in an email ad for a local Halloween store. I don't know anything about the size or the price but they might be something nice to repaint?
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.48.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 3.48.52 PM.png

The pistol seems relatively close in terms of size, but the Amban rifle is way undersized. Around 62” is the estimate on the real thing.

Pistol would be a great light weight holster filler.

The pistol seems relatively close in terms of size, but the Amban rifle is way undersized. Around 62” is the estimate on the real thing.

Pistol would be a great light weight holster filler.

62" makes sense with the taser prod extension. It's a shame we can't get any licenced replica "blasters" like during the MR days.

Which Halloween Store was the ad from? I wouldn't mind picking up one or two of the pistols, especially if we can get them for 50% off after Halloween, but Spirit Halloween is the big chain in my part of the MidWest and their Star Wars section the past few years, and again this year from the 2 I have already been to, is disappointingly small and has never had any of the newer stuff. Target and the like one Halloween City in my area were the only places I could find last year that had any significant Star Wars presence in their stores.

Hmm is the Rubies image perhaps reversed? Seems to be quite a few additions on the Rubies + things missing that the prop has/doesn't have. Still would be good cheap addition if fairly 1:1 scale like my Rubies Princess Leia blaster.
Untitled-1.jpg

Very nice! I got mine as well for xmas. How did you do the wood?
Thanks! I followed a tutorial that Mr Mold Maker posted regarding painting a tumbler to look like wood. I just used a couple of colors though as opposed to a full range.... it was a base coat of like a khaki rattle can that's actually designed to paint vinyl car-seats with, and then I followed the tutorial by brushing on different Acrylic inks and then sealing them. I believe I used a sepia tone and a black.

This isn't the tutorial but, same effect, basically the same process. Forgive me as I haven't watched the whole video so I can't guarantee it's the EXACT same process, but should work relatively the same. I'll have to see if I can find the one Mr Mold Maker posted.....

Beautiful paint job.
Thanks! It’s not 100% accurate, as a matter of fact I believe the color gradients go over the black portion, but I like the idea of the metal changing color from heat and then the black paint flaking off. I also think I added too many colors to it, but I really dig it. The barrel was also improvised by me... the real one is gloss black, but my idea was to make it look heat stained and then painted black.

here’s how it started before I painted it black. The colors really make it look like it was one of those 90’s disposable cups

EDFB0098-6443-4C60-A7E5-5783D4278797.jpeg

and for good measure.... here’s me holding it with my gloves... because these are the only 2 pieces (other than my Efx helmet which I’m currently repainting) that have arrived of my costume.
27248379-E8A7-45F6-8246-E1D1E66006D5.jpeg

Back