Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

ok, I managed to find the elusive Otter wax at an acceptable price, I'm thinking of reopening a small part in lining and fur of the collar, and doing so without saturating it too much and by placing some plasticized cardboard between the back of the fabric and the lining/fur.
With the bar to rub it should be easier, but fearing any weak result, I ordered both (bar+fabric dressing), and given the difficulty here in Italy in finding it at honest prices (within max UK in distance) I was falling back on Barbour Thornproof, but in theory Otter is the only one I've read that is expressly declared also for native non-waxed fabrics, so I wanted to follow the least off-label methods possible this time, and I got it.
If the job turns out well, perhaps I'll stop here, I understand that SR is no longer giving in to discounts and this has given me new impetus in recovering mine, and this time I could be satisfied also because in many respects, in addition to spending another considerable sum, there would be no guaranteed improvements by me until I understand what I can do properly with their garment in my hands, but I would certainly like a coat that does not require periodic re-waxing, washable, perhaps less distressed than my current one (which in any case I have remedied greatly for that in the last period), but above all with a collar as big as it needs to be, and on that, mine now closes, but a problem remains.

I admit to being a little annoyed by having to wait for SR with doubts, and sometimes I get confused, I'm calmer now that I will certainly still have a nice wearable coat, but I don't know how to claim more credit or luck (probably both), the fact is that, with a view to a possible further future purchase aimed at trying to fill these three main gaps (washable proper SA coating+proper collar+non-aged freshly new aspect, following which, if everything goes well, I would sell my current one), I have also started to reconsider the other sellers, so I thought:

- on Jameel's works (bep / els) = beautiful and I am already his customer (although now perhaps I would deserve I would say 30-40% of the credit for the final result), but I have not had the necessary reassurances on what I have expressed for any other purchase to have that narrow collar fixed bigger properly (and not even all the other I had them to tweak, except for size fine tuning that I can understand it needs to be done in person)

- SR = perfect fabric for me (color and coating / shine, maybe a little darker than I intend, but ok), I would still miss another (the last for sure) opportunity to have one in the correct duck weave, but ok, for the rest collar (and probably lapels), usual routine (additional magnets, fur etc), but also various minor seams which were correct on bep, need to be redone (pockets, elbows, regarding the shoulder-sleeve junction but I would say it's impossible and to be left as it is, and here too the bottom edge without a longer cut on the front and with a double stitching wider than the rest of the edges while it should be the same)

- WSL = I found some pics online that show how the color is already lighter, brighter and more beautiful than it seems in others (do I think it's a sort of combed canvas?), if you don't darken it too much and it works well, I have to admit that the thing intrigues me and the price even more, but from the recent photos that they have updated on their site, I deduce that the Mechanismo file, although reiterated by various buyers, is basically ignored, they have not made the changes to the collar permanently as they should, and there is still that absurd collar (although shown with new pics) which has the right side with a part not attached to the base... I really don't understand. I never heard back from them, yet I limited myself to three exchanges of short, polite emails, but here there is a clear problem of coherence, understanding and communication, then. After all the requests they received from buyers sending them that file, why turning back to that odd pattern every time?
If anyone has a more effective channel with them to point out what needs to be done with immediate effect and without going back to the old models, please do it, for now anyway, under these conditions, I wouldn't bother, because at least SR has given me precise answers and guarantees on measurements (on the crucial collar argument in particular), fabric and what I have to do.
And no news on any properly coated duck that they seemed to have opened up to a possibility (they said they would have asked their supplier).

- Magnoli = I haven't yet understood if there have been further improvements and I must have missed it if someone had already pointed it out, is their fabric duck or twill? according to the pics, it still seems to me to be of excellent quality, but the price is high and I should be sure of all the details already reiterated

I don't know if I've missed anyone who has ever produced noteworthy k coat replicas, but if he reads and wants to chime in, I listen.

wsl.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back