Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Does anyone have any pictures of their WSL coats, so I might be able to compare the black and grey lettering?

Also, there is an alternative fur they're using (or that I can request), right?

Hi guys,

Not really a RPF big poster just more of a lurker. Wanted to share my BEP K jacket I’ve been working on.
Wanted to create that sheen and also make the coat practical to wear so a fabric friendly product was a must!
I stumbled upon Odicoat fabric gel, what and absolutely brilliant product and also gave the finish I was after. It give an oil cloth affect and also makes it 100% water proof.
Bit of technique is needed to apply for the right finish but man the results are great!

CA4D7F4C-7C91-4FD9-9AB1-5C9EB3D5D656.jpeg

4A2938B1-B788-4D38-8518-E71C1E0531FA.jpeg

D85F23BF-4D02-4519-BA3C-AE6E121BF98C.jpeg

8F351228-3974-4DD8-A8D5-98C16184A089.jpeg

A58BAE1C-B630-463D-89D0-965844F433FD.jpeg

53DDFE43-8639-46B8-9A58-99B965CE8691.jpeg

CDBA363F-C29A-4D7F-9096-116ABC644B51.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Not really a RPF big poster just more of a lurker. Wanted to share my BEP K jacket I’ve been working on.
Wanted to create that sheen and also make the coat practical to wear so a fabric friendly product was a must!
I stumbled upon Odicoat fabric gel, what and absolutely brilliant product and also gave the finish I was after. It give an oil cloth affect and also makes it 100% water proof.
Bit of technique is needed to apply for the right finish but man the results are great!

View attachment 944743

View attachment 944744

View attachment 944745

View attachment 944746

View attachment 944747

View attachment 944748

View attachment 944749
Looks great!(y) I'm intrigued on this technique you used...

I know the Rag & Bone Avery sweater has been ID'ed, but it now seems impossible to find! Perhaps they've all been snatched up by intrepid cosplayers. :p If anyone's looking for a reasonable facsimile, I just stumbled across this product:
Eastbank Crew

It comes awfully close to the Avery on two key features that I think visually define this sweater: the chunky, almost mesh-like knit; and the bold ribbing on the crew-neck collar. It's also cheaper than the Rag & Bone sweater was, so if they restock this one, it'll be a good discount option! It comes in charcoal (completely sold out at the moment), mustard-yellow (useless for our purposes), and pine. The pine is a very dark green-brown that almost reads like a dirty/faded black, at least on my monitor, so it might still be of use even if it isn't strictly accurate to the movie sweater.

Just thought some folks might appreciate this alternative!

I know the Rag & Bone Avery sweater has been ID'ed, but it now seems impossible to find! Perhaps they've all been snatched up by intrepid cosplayers. :p If anyone's looking for a reasonable facsimile, I just stumbled across this product:
Eastbank Crew
Just thought some folks might appreciate this alternative!
Too bad they don’t offer a navy option...

Too bad they don’t offer a navy option...
True! But given the strong (and varied) color-grading used throughout the movie, if someone was looking to do a budget version of the costume, I think that any dark sweater (black, charcoal, navy, pine) would look right to the average viewer, especially once you dirty it up a bit. I feel like anything that isn't 100% accurate can sometimes be controversial here at the RPF, but I personally put a lot of value on "close enough" budget builds. :)

. I feel like anything that isn't 100% accurate can sometimes be controversial here at the RPF, but I personally put a lot of value on "close enough" budget builds. :)
In that case, it fits the bill very well.
I’ll admit, having not done many budget bills myself, I tend to overlook some of them. But I have seen people mange to create awesome things with limited resources.
Back to the thread here, has anyone found the shirt he wears under the sweater?
I am also aware that a certain member here found the other raglan sweater, but it seems nothing has happened.

I managed to snag an Avery sweater off eBay. Wanted to give a heads-up that the Large size fits like a Medium (it's possible the previous owner shrunk it in the wash). The one is got is not the right color, so I'm considering dying it. Anyone have experience with that?
46489983961_178cc8a47c.jpg

46489984441_69db205cd3.jpg

I snagged another Avery sweater off eBay, this one size XL. The previous owner thinks he got it in 2016. Right off the bat this one is a shade darker than the first one (that owner doesn't remember the purchase year). For the differences between the sizes, there's not much. It's almost the same width at the shoulder and same length in the torso as the size L. The chief differences are the width of the arms and torso.
32173226117_154c881c56.jpg

32173224947_559b9790a8.jpg

32173222907_97bb3760e0.jpg

40150537693_779d518742.jpg

I managed to snag an Avery sweater off eBay. Wanted to give a heads-up that the Large size fits like a Medium (it's possible the previous owner shrunk it in the wash). The one is got is not the right color, so I'm considering dying it. Anyone have experience with that?
View attachment 968905
View attachment 968906
As you said its not the right color for the BR2049 Avery but I'm pretty sure its the exact color of the same Avery sweater Jamie Dornan wore in Fifty Shades Darker.
618593_040.jpg

Hi guys,

View attachment 944743

View attachment 944744

View attachment 944745

View attachment 944746

View attachment 944747

View attachment 944748

View attachment 944749
What are your Bit of technique?

Hi guys,

Man, that looks just great! Now I'm even thinking of treating my K-Coat this way.
I'm just a bit worried about the wearing-comfort as I'm planning to wear the coat on a daily basis. When treated with Odicoat (thus making it "100% water proof") - how is the climate inside after wearing it for several hours? And what about the rigidity of the fabric after the treatment?
Would be cool, if you could share some of your experience on that!

Hi guys,

i am also interested in your technique that you used, what exactly was your technique? and how much odigel did you use? the small 250ml format that they offer doesn't seem to be enough to cover the entire coat imo. The liquitex technique that was mentionned a while ago also intrigues me, does the liquitex coating still hold up after a year or so?

Guys, i would to say, because i have many question on this forum and on my mail.

I was searched this sweater for 7-8 month or more. And i was find only one and not my size.

I continue search this and now. And when i find my size, i will ready to say about who made it.

Maybe i will sell this on ebay, if have wishings of this, maybe not.

Hope on your understand guys.

Are you ready to say who made the sweater now? At least so we can watch if the company makes more or something similar? Thanks.

Are you ready to say who made the sweater now? At least so we can watch if the company makes more or something similar? Thanks.

Hi, unfortunately i still have not found this sweater for myself.

For all this time i finded only one extra sweater in not my size. I need a L size (maybe M).

Usually i am using L.

This company does not release a similar sweaters, this sayd me from customer service.

Last edited:
alright so after lurking for a year on this thread, i decided to bite the bullet and purchase officer K's jacket from whitesheepleather.com and after following advices, i think i managed to receive a pretty good jacket! i went with a custom sized one in green without the waxing and i asked for green letters and a custom sized neck guard after seeing fanboy30's jacket. i personally asked for the zipper to be added to the collar but apparently, it is now included by default. the magnets on the collar allow it to fold properly and they also allow the face guard to be closed securely. The belt loop is pretty much useless but i kept it just for accuracy. the fake shearling is okay, although a bit too flat for my taste but i can live with it. i also asked for the letters in the back to be more muted and they sure are! the tightness around the hips is still a problem but i keep the jacket open most of the time anyway. the lining inside is excellent and it's a great spring/autumn jacket for the canadian weather. all i'll need to do is to weather it, the fake shearling definitely needs to be darkened, i remember that zlurpo posted a video how to weather the shearling but i can't seem to find it anymore... as for the cotton itself, i still hesitate between using either odigel or liquitex as there hasn't been that many updates on either of those techniques in the thread. Overall, it's a great jacket for the price!

Attachments

• k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 641
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 549
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 540
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 612
I have two of the light grey Avery sweaters that I am willing to let go of for just the cost of reimbursement. One has a blue mark on the label, the other has a loose label. Please PM if interested.
Edited to add: both are size L.
47590693091_85dd8f3f20.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back