Shazam! (Post-release)

What did you think of Shazam!?

• Total voters
I enjoyed it. It was fun.
My sentiments exactly. It was the most fun DC movie that I've seen, much different in tone than any of the others (the only DC film I haven't seen is Aquaman). I'm normally more critical, but I just enjoyed this one. Maybe the most "Marvel" of the DC films (no pun intended). I thought the first half hour was a bit slow, but I never got bored after that. Maybe it's no coincidence that those first 30 minutes didn't have Zachary Levi in it either. I think he was a great choice. He's not the first actor I would have thought of for the role, but I understand why he was cast after seeing the movie.

The criticsm about the demons not fitting into the movie, that didn't bother me either. It really reminded me more of Ghostbusters in that regard. The ghosts and Zuul and all that were pretty dark and kind of scary compared to the rest of that film, yet everyone will admit Ghostbusters is a comedy. I think the switch in tone between the demons and the kids and Shazam worked in the same way.

The criticsm about the demons not fitting into the movie, that didn't bother me either. It really reminded me more of Ghostbusters in that regard. The ghosts and Zuul and all that were pretty dark and kind of scary compared to the rest of that film, yet everyone will admit Ghostbusters is a comedy. I think the switch in tone between the demons and the kids and Shazam worked in the same way.

I had no problem with the demons in the movie. They were supposed to be horrible and they were horrible monsters. With all the fun light hearted comedy stuff the scary stuff with them balanced it all out.

The only word I've used to describe this film is delightful. It was exactly what a movie about The Big Red Cheese should be, and I can't believe I'm saying this but even Billy's use of 'Holy Moley' felt...normal to me.

Child actors, who usually make me want to punch myself repeatedly in the groin, were totally non-irritating, all the acting was great and the big reveal at the end stands as my favorite comic book movie moment of all time.

It just...worked. On all levels.

My 2c.

I was pre-disposed to like this movie as Captain Marvel (NOT SHAZAM) has been my favorite super hero since I was four. I'm 52 now. My opinion shouldn't count because I'm very bias, however, I was let down a bit by this film. I just can't seem to put my finger on it. On a scale of one to ten I have to give it a 7.5. It didn't disappoint , mind you, but this film is easily forgettable. Just nothing spectacular.

I have to agree. I think it was targeted to a younger (teenage and younger) demographic. This is not a knock against the movie at all, it just didn’t impact me in any way. Still, it was a good for what it is; a family flick.

Late watcher, considering I'd never heard of the character but the production images and trailer gave hope and enjoyed it. Not amazing but been a heck of a great comic book films past few years. Reassures me that Joker will be on another level having done well with this film.

Finally saw it, didn't expect to like it this much. My only complaint is minor, in that the running gag with the Santa did NOT WORK AT ALL. All Santa should have been left out.

But it was fun! There should have been a line by Billy, though, to his brother, that he did have a Guilt Trip superpower.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back