Suggestion Simple Junk Yard requests

Another request (although most people don't check here in the Q&A section enough)

Can sellers send PM when payment is received? I don't care so much if they don't pm at any other time during our transaction, but twice now, I have sent payment and four days later nothing. I think it is just rude for a seller (who has been logged in since) to not pm back that payment went through. How am I to know I didn't make a mistake in the address?

PayPal provides "you" the sender with confirmation that your payment was accepted, anyway. Why the need for double confirmation? I wouldn't exactly call the seller rude because you feared having sent the payment to the wrong addy.

If you're worried about it, simply ask the seller, but again, I gotta say some of you are a little quick to suggest mandates for your own peace of mind.

Remember, unpaid mods have to keep up with each and every change and rule added to the forum. At some point the membership needs to accept a little responsibility on the 'comfort' issues that have little to do with what a transaction is about.

It really as simple as 1, 2, 3

1) Dude lists prop for sale
2) Dude buys prop
3) Prop ships, everyone is happy.

-Rylo

Another request (although most people don't check here in the Q&A section enough)

Can sellers send PM when payment is received? I don't care so much if they don't pm at any other time during our transaction, but twice now, I have sent payment and four days later nothing. I think it is just rude for a seller (who has been logged in since) to not pm back that payment went through. How am I to know I didn't make a mistake in the address?

I always request it just to be sure and make sure I got the account right, most folks i know ask for me to let them know so i always do and i expect the same in return.

On the sellers going overboard part.

There are about 5-6 people thsat used to be posting members that now ONLY sell on the junkyard.

It seems that some people (a lot of "Newbies" also) basically only come to the RPF to sell their stuff.

SOrt of bothers me. I know that it is not my business, but seeing the SAME people constantly posting an d bumping their threads in the JY and not posting anywhere else makes me feel like they do not give a crap about what we are about and that we are only good for money when buying their things.

OK. Rant over. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back