Sooo ... anybody get the Sideshow Darkness bust?

Simmon M

Sr Member
Just wondering if anyone on the board ordered a Sideshow 1:1 Darkness bust yet? I heard that they've started to ship and just wanted to know what your impressions were.

It is an uber-cool piece for the simple fact that it was sculpted by Teves himself. I'd have to repaint those eyes though. :)

I received the darkness bust yesterday. Very impressive piece when you first see it and will be a Legend fan's dream to have on the shelf. A couple of criticisms: it seems smaller than I imagined it would be- I guess you always make things from the movies larger than life in your mind, but the head itself still seems a bit undersized. In addition, for $900, I would have expected it to have nice acrylic realistic eyes and a better job of the teeth detailing. The painted eyes don't look convincing and the gloss on the eyes is not nearly glossy enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of clear gloss can be used to make the eyes look real and wet but not so far as to look like they are tearing up?

You could try a thin coat of five minute epoxy over them, gives a nice glossy coating.
Just go easy with it, too much and he'll look like he's crying

Future floor polish is also an other option. Easier to work with than epoxy and easier to get a thin coat.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back