Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Post-release)

What did you think of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?

• Total voters
Re: Spider-Man Animated Movie (2018)

This looks awesome!!! Miles Morales is a great Spider-Man, and the animation style looks fantastic. I only hope this doesn't keep him from being in the MCU in a few years though...

Looks really good actually! Dont like the music, and peters voice is kinda weird, but yeah, I think Ill watch this.

The animation does look good, don't think I've ever seen quite that style before. I know absolutely zip about Miles Morales as Spider-man, though. How does he get his powers?

Some of it is rendered out on Twos, which baffles me. It's not like you're saving paper and cels and ink and paint labor.

This looks great! Animation looks really unique.

It's a little weird that Peter Parker is Nick from New Girl...That's going to take some getting used to. I can't picture that idiot saving the world :lol

It's a little weird that Peter Parker is Nick from New Girl...That's going to take some getting used to. I can't picture that idiot saving the world :lol

Haha..:D I had no idea. I love that bunch. But yeah his voice feels little out of place. Of course since this Peter is meant to be a much older man, I guess his voice will grow on us through the course of the film.

This is why I usually avoid reading about the voice actors for new animated films until I have seen the movie. So that I won't recall their faces while watching it and then I get to do the guess work myself to identify them.

Saw it today and loved it! Animation took some getting used to in some areas, but the story is very strong and the main characters are fleshed out very well. I didn't really know much about any of the other "spider people" before going into this movie, but I'd say that most of them could hold up a spin-off on their own. Stay until after the last credits for post-credits scenes that'll make you laugh! Great movie that I'll see again!

Visually amazing film. Word of advice: You're gonna think you're watching the 3D presentation without the glasses at times, during the first 10-15 minutes of the movie. It's a stylistic choice that imitates the sometimes skewed color printing alignment that was present in the comic books those of us in the 40+ crowd grew up with. I loved the story and execution of everything, though. (y)

I have willfully avoided seeing any superhero movies for some time now; I'm genuinely burnt out on them. But, I love me some Spider-Man and after some encouragement from a friend of equal fanatical devotion, went and saw this. I was genuinely surprised by how much I liked this. It's fun, poppy, and graphic (in an aesthetic sense) and filled with good fun humor. I'm not impressed or won over with references but the stuff they crammed in here I thought were fun enough that I didn't mind.

Story and characters still don't rival what the first two (and partially the third) Raimi movies did with the character(s) and where just there to move things along. There were murmurs of people crying at screenings of this and I just can't understand how that happened. This movie just moves in and out and that's where it's strongest. I'm usually not a fan of such pacing but with animation, I'm much more lenient and, really... Spider-Ham. I can't not love Spider-Ham when he's in his element.

Third best Spider-Man movie, as far as I'm concerned; a very enthusiastic recommendation from me.

I loved it.

I'm not a Spiderman guy, never have been. I like the latest incarnation in Avengers world, but none of the other movies worked for me.

I went to see it because I dug the style, I'm working on an animated superhero flick and it's cool to see what others are doing, but MOSTLY because Phil Lord had a hand in writing, and him and Miller Produced.

Hey, Kathleen Kennedy...

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET LORD MILLER DO WHAT LORD MILLER DOES!

Seriously. I still want to see their "Solo"

Cuz if KK was in charge of Marvel...

"Kathleen! I saw storyboards from Spiderman... HE HAS A TALKING PIG! They're not taking this seriously!!!"

"FIRE THEM! GET RON HOWARD ON THE LINE!!"

Too bad, Solo.... The fun space adventure that could have been.

I still have absolutely no interest in this. Sure, I'll watch it when it comes out on streaming just to see what the fuss is all about. But I'm sorry, Spider-man, to me, is not about fun.The first comic book ever read was "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" ASM #121-122 June/July '73. I was only 8 years old. I must've read that comic a thousand times. I still have that book, threadbare and as worn as it is. From there, I was obsessed with Spider-man. I made it my primary issue in life to get everything Spider-man done up until that point. The main reason I identified with Spider-man was the fact that he was not the average happy-go-lucky super hero. In universe, the public hated him. No one yelled "Go Spidey!" when he swung by. They screamed "There goes that murdering menace!" ...Nothing ever went right for Peter Parker, the guy couldn't catch a break if his life depended on it. That was why I could identify with him.

Even back before The Dark Night Returns comic, I knew that Spider-man should be the one super hero who had a gritty, hell-filled life. Because that was the way the comic book was back then. That, to me, was what made him real. Uncle Ben died because Peter failed to act. J.Jonah Jameson conducted a huge smear campaign against him which caused the public to absolutely hate him. Gwen blamed Spider-man for the death of her father, making Peter's dilemma even harder to deal with. Aunt May was scared to death of Spider-man and couldn't stand him. Then Gwen died, which was basically Peter's fault and he had that weight on his shoulders. The Green Goblin died in battle and he had to deal with the fact that his fight with Norman Osbourne had killed his best friend's father. Spider-man was blamed for Osbourne's death and was wanted for murder by the cops for years in the book. Meanwhile Harry is going through a terrible drug addiction. Then, when Harry found out the truth about the Goblin's death, Peter had to fight his best friend, who then became the Goblin through psychosis.

What I'm getting at, is if you read the early Spider-man comics, he was not just some high school kid who happened to be a super hero, he was the first one who had real day-to-day problems, hidden by this huge secret that he could never reveal to the world. Guilt ruled his life. This is what made Spider-man into the sensation he became. Because he had real honest to God problems. **** all that Saturday morning cartoon crap from the 90s! That is not Spider-man. He was, and always will be, to me, the quintesential anti-hero that made him great. He was the "every man" of super heroes. Not because he was so cool and everybody wanted to be him, but because he hated what he was and only wanted to have a normal life. It was only by his regret of inaction involving Uncle Ben's murder that he did what he did (by the way, Uncle Ben never said "With great power comes great responsibility")

By the time the late 80s rolled around, the book was garbage. I made it through the MacFarlane years, but honestly I've never bought a Spider-man comic since. Never cared to.

Okay, I am done with my rant. Is there anyone here who even remembers the way Spider-man was in the early days? Am I wrong? If I am, please let me know why.

John Romita Sr. and Jr RULES!!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back