Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Post-release)

What did you think of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?

• Total voters
So, watching the BD from Redbox, and there's an "alternate universe" version, that has some deleted scenes and such.

This version starts out with a Spider-Ham cartoon, which was pretty funny.

Looks like Gamespot has a list of all of the changes.

Of note, that Gamespot doesn't list... In this version, the spider came from Roxxon... same as in Cloak and Dagger!

Absolutely great movie. It had a bit of different Spidey's for most people.

I don't get the whole identifying with the characters we watch on TV. I really don't. I'm entertained or not, and maybe I have an advantage over the non-identifying aspect over other people. I mean, kids, sure, they identify in some regards. But adults? o_O :rolleyes:

Regardless, we get jaded Spidey, insecure Spidey, Classic Spidey , quirky Spidey, Woman Spidey, A Spidey I had no idea even was a thing... And it was just pure fun. And the style of how it was all presented was fantastic.

I always liked the 60's cartoon Spidey. Grown up, confident, sarcastic, and pretty much having fun what he did. And in a lot of regards, this movie embodied all of that.

I loved it. Every second it was interesting in some way. What an incredible film visually.

That after credit's scene made me laugh until I choked.

I just finished watching it on Blu-Ray only because of all the talk about how good this movie was supposed to be. It wasn't that good....

... it was even better! Wow! Every frame of this movie was simply delicious to take in. They actually managed to make The Prowler an original and compelling character. And even his theme chilling. They also put Bill Sienkiewicz's Kingpin on the screen! I need to watch this a dozen more times just to soak up all the comic zeal.

Last edited:
The wife and I finally watched this. We'd seen the previews and I'd heard from a couple of friends at work that it was really good. I'd also heard that it got rave reviews and a lot of times the hype of a movie can get me to be ambivalent but I did want to see it regardless of the hype. Visually it looked unlike any type of animation I'd seen before and I'm a fan of Jake Johnson so I was on board to see it.

I have to say that we both loved it! It was nice mashup of the different comic versions and just like with Batman because of it's storied history and the multiple story lines and different takes on the character I'm open to new interpretations. I related to the characters and cared about them and their struggles and it was so damned fun to watch! I like all kinds of movies with all kinds of tones but I can say that it's so refreshing to see something that just was so uplifting and optimistic without feeling corny.

It fits in beautifully with the other Marvel films and they've done right by the characters in my book! Great movie and so damned fun to watch.

I wanted to see this while it was in theaters, but never got around to it. I got it on 4k. Absolutely stunning!!! I really love the look of this movie! & in 4k HDR, it just pops! I've got a 650wt 7.2 surround sound system (soon to be upgraded to ATMOS), it was perfection!!! When they're in the collider, the entire house shook! Thank God I don't have neighbors :p. I didn't even have it at my normal volume level, & it still walked my rear subwoofer about 3ft away from the wall.

You're gonna think you're watching the 3D presentation without the glasses

I TOTALLY thought that, LOL!
I can just accept that and the framerate as an artistic choice and move on..

...because I enjoyed it! I clicked the "liked very much" thing on our poll here (instead of the highest rating) because I wasn't completely on board with some of the drawn out wacky comedy/action bits, especially during the first third or so of the film, and some scenes just went on way too long after we got the point. (I get that they were trying to accentuate the cringe element of Miles' awkwardness and stuff, but I lost patience with it.)

Anyway, the length of that paragraph is disproportionate to the degree that that stuff bothered me overall. I laughed a lot and had fun. And it made me care about Miles Morales, after years of having no interest whatsoever.

The character animation, by which I mean expressions/acting, is excellent. This will seem weird, but I am in love with Gwen.

Anyone else spot the "Clone College" billboard? :)

The tone works here. I can see, however, how it might not have worked in the version of Solo these guys were making.

Last edited:
Miles opened up an issue of “True Life Tales of Spider-Man”, a fictional comic which had the cover of “Amazing Fantasy #15.” But inside artwork looked like John Romita Sr. when everyone knows it should be Ditko. What an appalling error in continuity!

Last edited:
(fight me ;) )
Dh89EN_V4AAoCB6.jpg

No.

I only pity you.

tenor.gif

I finally watched this film after meaning to for months. It took someone showing up at my house with the DVD for me to actually manage to do so, but boy was it worth it! I absolutely loved the film!

...and a Spider-Gwen will be added to my cosplay collection sometime by the end of next year...

Finally caught it on Netflix over the weekend. It took me three viewings to finally finish it as about every thirty minutes I figured life is too short to be wasting my time with this. However, I did try to go into it with an open mind. I can certainly see why some people liked it, but it is most assuredly not my cup of tea. Way too much slap stick humor for my tastes.

But, there were a few things I liked. Doc Ock's tentacles were cool. I liked Prowler's sound effect. And Miles' Mom was pretty hot.

I saw it a few weeks ago, I really love 36yr old peter parker. I think that is my favorite version of him lol

IMG_0090.gif

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back