Interest Star-Lord's Buckle, cast aluminum

DrewSmith007

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a cast aluminum Star-Lord buckle.

Star-Lord Buckle.PNG

They will have standard belt hardware on the back so they'll be wearable.

This image is pre-damage/aging. I'll crater it once the master is printed. Or, if there's enough interest, I could offer it in pristine condition as well.

The cratered buckles would also come with an acrylic wash to age them, similar to the screen used piece.

Dimensions currently are: 3.73" wide, 2.0" tall, and 0.26" thick. I think I might need to make it a bit larger, but I don't know the exact dimensions.

Price will be around $50 shipped to the continental US. International buyers pay shipping.

If you're interested, let me know below. Please include whether you want it cratered and aged, or pristine.

Last edited:
Cool!

I'd be interested to buy one... pending what the prototype turns out like. I have also put my interest in with a couple other RPF members who are building the same buckle, but I have yet to be offered a ready-to-ship version, since they are all very busy (or full). So I would purchase yours provided it looks pretty accurate, and if another member hasn't already sold ahead of you. (A weathered version for me please!) :)

Don't forget the horizontal lines do continue into the middle section of the buckle!

Thanks for pointing that out. I had it in my model, not sure what happened to it.

I'm going to redesign the buckling part of the buckle. I swear I saw somewhere that it actually buckles in the middle, with a sort of hook-and-loop deal. Or maybe I'm just confusing it with other buckles...

Anyway, I'm going to see what I can come up with as far as a cooler buckling mechanism that buckles in the middle. As of now though, the interest thread is still up for the regular style buckle.

Last edited:
Not really. I still want it for myself, and it seems like there is enough interest, I just don't have the time. Now that it's dark before I get home, I may be able to get to it. I also still have to build a vacuum casting setup for my foundry, but that shouldn't be too difficult, again just time...

Thanks for bugging me about it!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back