Deprecated Star Lord's LOCK PICK

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since everyone seems to be happy with my map gun kit I thought I'd seen if there is any interest in a kit of the little lock pick device Peter Quill uses to open the temple on Morag.

I have found a suitable flashlight to build the kit around, so my intention is to make a kit that is part metal and part plastic, with both flashlight, outer sleeve and (if needed) lens included. (The parts between the green brackets in the photo.)
lockpick.jpg
***edit***
This run was canceled due to lack of interest.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Is this still a work in progress?
Heya,

It's pretty much been shelved- I didn't even finish one for myself. There was almost no interest in this prop five years ago and general interest in any GotG stuff has pretty much died out since then. I'm guessing it'll pick up again when Vol 3 or the Holiday Special come out, but even so... I doubt interest in old props will return. (I didn't even know this thread was still active, haha.)

Looks like the handle is made from a small torch with custom machined end pieces for the pick.
Yeah, there was some discussions about it back in the day. The one I was going to use was 'acceptably close' but no one ever discovered the exact model, and it was likely just cobbled together.

Vol 1 had a good mix a 3d printed and found-parts props. Way back then I found and spoke to the company that supplied most (if not all) of the 'scrap' parts for the props and costumes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back