Star Trek: Questions you always wanted answers to

It was.... Fine... LOL That's pretty much my take on it as well. Watchable. Not exactly one of the greats. The whole giant earth killing transformer ship was a little much for me.

What did you think of the ending with B4 and then the optimistic music with Picard? I thought it was a fun way to tell everyone that it's over, but the adventure is still continuing for our heroes. Not for us, but for them. Seemed very optimistic to me.

I’m actually gonna have to rewatch Picard season 3 … did they even mention B4

Having no idea this was a thing, I prob just thought it was weird dialogue if he was mentioned

Yes, of course, bad guys would want Genesis because it was Genesis. Not arguing that.

But David's actions REVEALED Genesis to the galaxy as well. It was so under wraps that even Spock and McCoy had never heard of it. So it is "what if?" speculation to assume bad guys must show up sooner or later and take it. I could just as easily say no, they never solved the problem without protomatter, and so Starfleet mothballed the project before it could leak. There's no "Section 31" in Roddenberry's Trek, so Starfleet's idealism still grants the possibility that Genesis might not have leaked at all.
While I'm sure that Project Genesis was certainly under wraps, the fact that Spock and Bones didn't know anything about it means nothing. This is because in the grand scheme of things both Spock and McCoy are essentially nobodies. Sure, they're famous because of the previous exploits of the Enterprise but Spock is just the captain of the Enterprise as a training vessel, and McCoy is her CMO, there's no reason why they would know anything about Genesis. In their positions, they wouldn't be privy to knowledge of any highly classified Starfleet projects or intelligence. Spock, as a starship captain might know about some of the new ships or ship tech that Starfleet plans on adopting but that would be it. McCoy, being CMO, would be privy to even less and probably couldn't care less either. The fact that Kirk even knows about Genesis is pretty amazing, even if he is a flag rank officer. But I guess that he was involved in the project somehow due to not so much his rank as much as the billet that he occupies.

Why didn't the 29th Century Starfleet not detect Spock and the Romulans' ships when they went back in time in the 2009 Star Trek film? Braxton, after the events of Future's End two-parter, stated that the 29th Century Federation detected Voyager over Earth in the 20th Century and had sent him back to fix it (and this was right after Voyager managed to change the events with the the timeship and breaking the loop) right away. Someone from the 29th Century should have detected them going through long before the Romulans change the timeline. Yes, I get it, they needed the change to make sell the differences in the changing of the timeline, and probably didn't even look into past ST series' episodes to know about the 29th Century and their time travel abilities. But, in-universe, there's no explanation as to why or how they allowed for two ships from a future timeframe to go back to before the TOS era and allow for the Romulans to change the timeline (because it's clear that with the changes, namely the wiping out of Vulcan, that Tuvok and his family are dead, leading to Voyager losing an important crew member who helped out on several occasions to keep the ship from being destroy, and thus causing one hell of a paradox that makes anything Janeway did look like a cake walk).

No need for Tuvok, I doubt the Voyager will ever be built in the Kelvin timeline. What Nero did changed forever what kind of organization Starfleet would become. This is why Enterprise is twice as big and built on the ground, and why Klingon D7s are called "warbirds", and why they can cloak years before they got cloaking tech from the Romulans.

Lame, I agree, but that's the in-universe explanation. We're meant to understand that the Kelvin timeline is more of a clean slate going forward.

No need for Tuvok, I doubt the Voyager will ever be built in the Kelvin timeline. What Nero did changed forever what kind of organization Starfleet would become. This is why Enterprise is twice as big and built on the ground, and why Klingon D7s are called "warbirds", and why they can cloak years before they got cloaking tech from the Romulans.

Lame, I agree, but that's the in-universe explanation. We're meant to understand that the Kelvin timeline is more of a clean slate going forward.
But it still doesn't explain why the 29th Century didn't send someone back. If they sent Braxton back to bring Voyager back to it's timeframe, there would have been one sent back to bring Spock and the Romulans back before they could do any harm to the timeline.

But it still doesn't explain why the 29th Century didn't send someone back. If they sent Braxton back to bring Voyager back to it's timeframe, there would have been one sent back to bring Spock and the Romulans back before they could do any harm to the timeline.

I was never really a fan of the time travel stuff Voyager and Enterprise did either for that matter. Braxton and the time police are fixing things at some point, and then their organization completely ignores the the last episode of Janeway HUGELY messing with time. We're not talking about grabbing a couple of Humpback wales there.

Well, I would think there are no 29th century time-cops in the Kelvin timeline. They can't hop between universes, can they? The Prime timeline is still intact...Nero spun off a new one.

Well, I would think there are no 29th century time-cops in the Kelvin timeline. They can't hop between universes, can they? The Prime timeline is still intact...Nero spun off a new one.

We know from behind the scenes that the Prime timeline was not overwritten. Therefore, Red Matter causes a timeline split. So the Kelvin 29th century timecops need Nero to happen to ensure their own existence. Nothing happened from the perspective of the Prime 29th, since Nero didn't appear in that branch.

Every time the time police don't show up to fix stuff its because that time travel has to happen for the 29th century time police to exist at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back