Star Trek TOS Phaser Build

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
IMG_5340.JPG

This is a project that I've been sitting on for quite a long time. In fact, the nozzle is one of the fist purchases I made on the rpf way back when the rpf was relatively new. I was hoping that more parts would become available, but as far as I can tell, it never happened.
The base of the phaser came from an R2Builder back when that club was just starting to form. The control knob came from a local surplus store. I came across that one a few years ago and I'm still surprised that it's correct. I took a chance purchasing it because I wasn't sure of the exact dimensions.
The other knob is a HMS casting. I'll use it to machine a nice knob part that goes on top of the real dial. I believe the grill piece came from a rpf member. The remaining parts are from a plastic kit that used to be sold on eBay way back when. The pushbutton switch came from All Electronics which is now defunct. I think lighting this one up shouldn't be a problem.

The block of aluminum will eventually become the "grill" for the back of the phaser. I'll be working on that part this month.

Yep, parts good enough to pass off as the real deal. You can do what ever you want with them. You could scam people if you wanted, its up to the individual. But I'm not going to avoid them based on what other people do with them. If they are that good, than those are the ones I want to use.

Last edited:
I LOVE a good Phaser II

I like the 10 Turn knob--I have one of the same I've been saving for my "Ultimate" build--whenever that happens, lol

The Phaser reminds me of the Masterpiece Models kit.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

Dave C

Yep, parts good enough to pass off as the real deal. You can do what ever you want with them. You could scam people if you wanted, its up to the individual. But I'm not going to avoid them based on what other people do with them. If they are that good, than those are the ones I want to use.

What if a scammer was the one manufacturing and selling those very parts? And what if it was also that very same individual who was building those forgeries to be sold at auction?

Because I, in all good conscience, would not want to support such an individual.

And so I won't.

I would encourage others not to, either.

But to each their own.

So your saying you know for a fact that he was the one who intended to create them as forgeries and was the one who fraudulently sold them as real screen used props that were used in the 1960's tv series?

Last edited:
So your saying you know for a fact that he was the one who intended to create them as forgeries and was the one who fraudulently sold them as real screen used props that were used in the 1960's tv series?

The dots are there, waiting to be connected. Plenty of evidence, if one chooses to look for it.

A million different things could have happened, the way I remember it is he built some replicas that looked aged and worn, or someone else built them with his parts, no crime there. Actually I'd love to have a realistically aged prop that looks like it was screen used. Over time the phaser changed hands and ended up on some auction, possibly being sold by someone who believed it was the real thing. I've seen it a dozen times on ebay someone claiming to have the real thing, and really believing it. Not everyone is a phasers expert or knows how rare the screen used ones are. They get it from someone, who got it form someone who said it was real and they believed it. Any how unless there is proof I won't persecute someone as a fraud, based on rumors. The only thing I can say about the guy is from personal experience, He is an honorable merchant on eBay and he sells great stuff you can't get anywhere else.

Last edited:
Nice to see another phaser build here :) The P1 and P2 handle I recognize as coming from a "23rd Century Pistol" (aka 23C) kit, the P2 body I'm not sure. The shape and some details of it differ from what was included in that kit.

I see you're lacking a bit in phaser metal, I'll check my stash to see if I have any extras of what you don't have. Did you want me to look for a set of rear fins, or do you want to mill your own Corellianexports?

FYI the 23C P2 handles are known for being not wide enough (when looking at from the side when attached to the P2). I ended up modifying a bunch of them for folks way back when to correct that. I can check to see if I have a properly sized replacement handle too, if you'd like?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back