Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I always liked the early rumors of ep7, where faint star ships now carried planet killing weapons..

Since technology always gets more advance and smaller over time I liked the idea of giant star destroyer with a Death Star cannon on it..

Makes for attacking and getting away easier..

It would literally be a star destroyer.

Lol yup! I remember reading early rumors the first order had their own mega weapon strapped under a super sized super star destroyer

BUT the resistance also had they own super weapon

I don’t know if it’s too fan fiction, but I honestly thought it was going to be real.

I mean come on who expected ANOTHER Death Star...

sthanlukeleialando.jpg
Mark Hamill apparently posted this piece of fan art on Twitter with the hashtag

#MissedOpportunities:

Leave it to Chuck Wendig to make some absurd comment slamming Luke Skywalker himself. Didn't that tool get fired from Disney?

Good on you Mark Hamill! We all knew he was gritting his teeth through TLJ press junkets. Now that 9 is in the can I hope he unleashes hell and trolls all these fans who are tweeting back at him with their obnoxious comments about how the new characters are better.

Isn't it refreshing that so many of the comments linked below are more than happy to rip the original films and the original film's star for having an opinion. Here we go again with the "toxic fandom" "man baby" comments. Apparently we aren't allowed to have an opinion if it's not positive and Mark Hamill isn't either. Is it some sort of new "thing" with young people these days to want to tear down their elders to assert their power?

It's easier to shout at the top of your lungs and call people names than it is to have a discussion and Star Wars has been infected with this mentality too. Unless you love it you don't matter, your money doesn't matter, your opinions don't matter, your years of devoted fandom don't matter. You're a racist, homophobic, sexist, nazi fascist because you don't like a movie. But I'm being toxic? I'm whining because I have the balls to express myself. **** me.

If people get this worked up over a movie then it's no wonder we can't have civil discourse in this country let alone solve real problems. Star Wars is dead.

Last edited:
Mark's reply:

Mark Hamill‏Verified account @HamillHimself 2h2 hours ago

Saw a pic of me with Billy D, Carrison & Harrie. Posted it because I miss them. Nothing more, nothing less. I love the new cast too & didn't mean to get everyone's knickers in a twist. Maybe I should've just posted a bunch of #Endgame
Avengers_Endgame_2019.png
spoilers instead. #RelaxAndHaveFunPeople
1f61c.png

I bet these same fans will still give him flack for it even after he clarified.

I know there's a lot of people who think it's sooooo bad that the original cast didn't get a reunion. And sure it would have been nice to see.........but I feel I must remind people, the PT characters didn't get their class reunion until they were all dead and at the very end of the 3rd film of the 2nd trilogy.
latest?cb=20130420050659.png

I know there's a lot of people who think it's sooooo bad that the original cast didn't get a reunion. And sure it would have been nice to see.........but I feel I must remind people, the PT characters didn't get their class reunion until they were all dead and at the very end of the 3rd film of the 2nd trilogy.
View attachment 1013782
Correction: those PT characters are OT characters where one retroactively was altered. The two main “prequel” guys did have their reunion in ANH where the emotional dynamics were palpable and understandable without 3 sub-par movies trying to over-explain it. Totally different situations.
Also again: when something is brought up against the sequel movies the first port of call seems to be crapping on the OT instead of proving the merits of the ST. And I’m not the “real fan” apparently...? :whistle:

Correction: those PT characters are OT characters where one retroactively was altered. The two main “prequel” guys did have their reunion in ANH where the emotional dynamics were palpable and understandable without 3 sub-par movies trying to over-explain it. Totally different situations.
Also again: when something is brought up against the sequel movies the first port of call seems to be crapping on the OT instead of proving the merits of the ST. And I’m not the “real fan” apparently...? :whistle:
You know what I mean:D

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Padmé, where the main characters of the PT. While Han, Luke, Leia were the main characters of the OT. Within the context of the saga, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin become supporting characters. Now in the sequel trilogy those who were once the main characters are lowered to the role of supporting characters. Just like Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Padmé, where the main characters of the PT. While Han, Luke, Leia were the main characters of the OT. Within the context of the saga, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin become supporting characters. Now in the sequel trilogy those who were once the main characters are lowered to the role of supporting characters. Just like Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Padmé never were pals going on an adventure. Each one had his own stuff going on and their relationships were individual to individual, not as a group. No real reunion to be found here in the sense of a "class of 77" kind of thing... but I get your point they become the supporting characters in the ST.

It's easier to shout at the top of your lungs and call people names than it is to have a discussion

I hate the new Star Wars films but I hate the fans more. lol

Man your comments are usually well thought and pretty interesting, where's all the bile coming from today? :lol: I get angry too thinking people slam Mark Hamill for such a stupid thing, when he's one of the most caring people when it comes to SW fans, be it new, old, hardcore or UPFs has he calls them... but there's no need for self-flagellation! :p

Oh and by the way, although it would have been nice to see that reunion, there's NO WAY Harrison Ford would have agreed to that :D

Last edited:
Rough day yesterday and even rougher night.

I just hate that everything is so politicized anymore and what was once fun has become a topic of controversy. Star Wars used to be fun but it's getting to the point where I often get frustrated more than anything else.

Normally I have the patience to really think things through and temper my responses with some measure of reason but I'm just too burned out to take the time the last few days.

I'm gonna take a break for a little while from the entertainment threads.

Give it a rest already.

There's was no way to give the prequel characters a 'reunion' in the OT because there was nothing for them to reunite from when the OT was made.

the ENTIRE point of wanting a reunion for the ST was that it was the OT that made it ALL possible. There was no PT in anyone's minds (excpet george, to an extent) at that time. The OT made the entire thing possible (no OT, then no PT and no ST), and you get all the actors back and just say 'meh, f it, no need to ever put them together'. It was a purely concsious decision since the killed of han in TFA. And one that makes no sense.

But in the simplest terms, you can't reunite a group in 1977, 80, or 83 with a group that didn't actual exist until 99. Given that, no one cared one iota to see that reunion in the OT. There was no reason to. Those characters didn't exist for them (or anyone else) at that time.

As for as the ST, the original cast was flat out USED to sell tickets. Given what they did to them, they'd have been substantially better off to just move it down the line 30ish years and say they all passed before this kicked up and lived happy lives. Their existence in the ST serves nothing plotwise, really, other that supposed fan service, which is back handed at that.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back