Taking the plunge- Fett costume begins

FETTCLONE

I've had some patterns kicking around for ages and finally got the drive to start building. I've got the helmet on the go, left gauntlet nearly finished, and most of the jetpack already cut out.

Don't know if he reads here, but a big thank-you goes out to Alan (WOF) for drafting the patterns and collaborating with others. I may need to get posting on the Dent again when I've got this a little further along just to be sure he gets the message.

I started with the left gauntlet, ROTJ-style flamethrower. It's still a little rough around the edges, and I have a few details to add yet (rocket, switches, finish the lower gauntlet detailing, add hinge, etc.). I may be looking for a resin rocket soon. I'm still pretty chuffed with myself because it was nonexistent a few days ago.

gaunt1.jpg

gaunt2.jpg

And just for giggles, here's a vac-formed set I got in a lot from Ebay.

gaunt3.jpg

gaunt4.jpg

Advantage: scratch-build!:lol

I'll keep documenting as things progress.

I found the template for the jetpack buckle today. Wouldn't you know it, I just happened to have a piece of stainless steel kicking about. Now I have this;

buckle1.jpg

buckle2.jpg

I've also got a first shot at an ammo belt, just sewn vinyl with foam padding (non-functional). I'll upgrade it at some point, but for now it gets me going.:lol

belt.jpg

Hope I can keep this pace up for a while. I like seeing it all come together so quickly.

Looks great so far. Fett is a very long project and a very detailed one if you really want to go for accuracy. Best of luck and keep us updated :)

Very nicely done!

How are these templates in terms of accuracy to the screen used pieces? I know there are sizes s-xl so I was wondering what would be the best to get as close to the actual screen prop? Anyone know? Thanks!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back