TDKR Catwoman Mask 2.0

This is easily the best version of these goggles i've ever seen. Amazing attention for detail. I'll be doing a similar project for my girlfriend for halloween. If you dont mind can I pm you to get some advice on the mold itself?

the whole thing is fantastic would love my girlfriend in that she loves it to and pestering me to death to get her one , very talented and the mask is awesome

Wow! That mask is just Damn near PERFECT! But the goggles are definitely off. They don't translate into cat ears enough and resemble more of a crescent moon or horns than cat ears.
Catwoman_450_072012.jpg
Dark_Knight_Rises_Scans_Gives_Grainy_Peeks_Bane_Catwoman_1339092821.jpg
Anne-Hathaway-is-Catwoman.jpg

It's hard for me to describe the problem with your goggles here without drawing it out or using a physical example but I will try my best. For one, the original goggles have a unilens and yours look like a cheap pair of sunglasses worked over. PLEASE don't be angry with me! Lol. I just LOVE your work but the goggles just make me anxious. I guess it's kind of like when you have that irritating itch somewhere that you want to scratch but you never seem to scratch in just the right spot.
Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-Glasses-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
HATHAWAY_CLOSEUP.png

I also don't like where the bar connects to the goggles at, or how they curve outwards. I don't see that in Anne's version. I think the bar should be connected closer towards the lenses so that the goggles in a way just fit on top of the bars instead beside them. Sorry, I know that probably sounds confusing. I wish I had the time to draw out the differences and post it here. And lastly, the goggles are supposed to fit more to the back of the head and angled forwards a little bit not just on top of the head. Like this:
AnneHathawayCatwoman.jpg

Altogether though you are one HECK of an artist and you really did this costume. I love it. Also the boots seem off too in coloring for some reason. I dunno. Your work just gets better and better though so if you ever update the goggles I hope you'll take this advice. :thumbsup :behave
I'm planning to make a really cheap replica as well though so if you don't mind I would love to get some advice from you on something. Can I pm you?

GVMaraio, I was wondering - for all the pictures you´ve shown of the front of her top section, there was none of the back, and I am curious as to how Catwoman´s back is. I wonder if you could shoot a picture or two that shows the back in either the mannequin or on Ms. Shawna, any way would be just great. I know you did shoot her from the back, but for some reason I can´t see all that many details... sorry about that, and congratulations on a STELLAR build! I am going to build one just because you inspired me with your own, thank you so much with that!

I am interested to know how you made the "baroness" boots in the one baroness picture. What did you use for the red cobra logos on the knees and how did you do the grey or white stripes at the tops of the boots???

thanks

Greg dude, this is outrageously cool! I have to ask, how did you make the side arms?? That's the one bit I can't figure out! Are they supposed to retract/extend? What are they made of??

Hey greg this is greg lol. You dont happen to have or know where i can get the foam templates for the catwoman mask with the goggles i would appreciate it alot

Hi firefly, not a stupid question at all, the mask is made from a combination of resin and urethane!
When you say a combo of resin and urethane did you mix the 2 then pour In the mould? I'm looking to make my own mould of the mask.. Any tips? I haven't a clue what I should do or where to start lol... I thought the mask was originally rubber

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back