The Golden Child: The Ajanti Dagger

Robbie TPC

Anyone tried to build this awesome dagger yet ?

Ajantidagger1.jpg

ajanti9.jpg

It looks very similar to the dagger from the movie "The Shadow". Maybe you could find the commercially available replica dagger and convert it?

knives_shadow_phurba_dagger.jpg

Yeah I’ve seen The shadow and the dagger (I forgot it’s name) they used in the movie, but it’s a lot shorter than the Ajanti Dagger. I think the size of the Ajanti Dagger can be compared with the dagger they used on Evil Dead.

Okay, you had to see this one coming....

(doing an Eddie Murphy impersonation and quoting the film)
"IIIIIII want the kkkkkkkniiiiiiifffffffeeeeeee! Ppppllllllleeeeeeeaaaaasssssseee!"

it is called a purba (sp?) dagger.
and the can be had for very little money
they are actually used as pendulums i believe.

Can anyone else see the strings that hold the dagger :lol
It even has a drilled hole on the blade for it.
Ajantidagger1.jpg

I just watched this movie last night. I've already got The Shadow phurba dagger (pretty sweet looking; picture attached) off an auction on eBay. I'm kind of surprised there isn't one of these. Maybe it's because it was a comedy hybrid movie? It looks like someone had a brass one for sale/auction at one point on an auction site. I don't know how many were made. It didn't list what it sold for either. I saw an interest thing for a plastic kit on here, but at that suggested price unfinished and not even a real blade on it, it didn't sound like something I'd be interested in.

PhurbaDaggerCase S.jpg

I saw an interest thing for a plastic kit on here, but at that suggested price unfinished and not even a real blade on it, it didn't sound like something I'd be interested in.

The possible run on here was, I believe, from a screen-used prop and was going to be offered by Rylo whose work is of the very highest quality. You wouldn’t be disappointed.

I'm still planning on a small run. Will get some pics up on the interest thread soon. Just been slammed.

-Rylo

I just watched the newly remastered 4K DV version. I still want a dagger. I read the real movie prop was actually made of urethane foam. That's kind of disappointing to find out.

Back