The Mandalorian and Grogu (feature film)

I miss the days when all this behind the scenes junk was never known about or seen. It just leads to endless speculation, and YouTube is the main culprit. If we’d known Lucas was running out of money when Empire was being made people would have been flailing around, but we didn’t, and everyone just waited for it to come out.
I'm sorry but, " blame Youtube" ..." blame the fans" , " blame social media"...no!!
I reject that entirely. I personally don't even go to YouTube or social media to purposely look. Do I see it? Yes. Why?
Because Disney, Lucasfilm and their associates are the ones spouting their mouths off about what they are going to do here or there....it's them! Blame them! If they didn't do that then would we be talking about that right now? No.

To compare this to George Lucas era is erroneous because George wasn't going around having a press conference every day spouting his mouth off about projects he was going to do, yet not doing them. He put his money where his mouth was...and banks got their return on investment, believe me. If he was spouting off, since we were only limited to the same media outlets across cable TV , you don't think " All" of us would have been flooded with new Star Wars news en masse?

I do agree with your sentiment about waiting for stuff to just come out without the endless speculation, but that's what we did back in the 80s...we just have a forum to discuss it now. Do we blame the RPF because we are discussing our speculation on here? Maybe Disney should shut their mouths for 2 seconds and listen instead to the ones who are footing the bill. Maybe we should too...but I suspect that won't happen and neither will they. Wisdom is justified by her children.

Still would love to know a hint as to what fav’s had in plan for season 4… who’s going to be the main baddie..
The Plan for season 4 is more Chubbs Peterson

1705613968742.png

and the main baddie is a secret
1705614006689.png

At this point, they have no one to blame but themselves if no one believes any of their projects hit a theater. It is literally the boy who cried wolf at this time. We're well over, what? 10 movies they've said were in the works only to find out we know they're dead as door nails. As of now, they're firmly in the we'll believe it when we see it camp and nothing they can say is going to change that. They need to learn to keep their mouths shut, do their work and actually make something. If word/proof leaks of it's existence while that happens, so be it, but do not go out touting stuff at this point. There's literally no one who's going to believe you anymore. They've dug themselves this hole and the only way out is to actually make something - and make something good. If they make another steaming pile, they're done in theaters for probably 10 years minimum. So, you know, no pressure. In which case, it makes it the smart move to not put additional pressure on yourselves by running your mouth.

At this point, they have no one to blame but themselves if no one believes any of their projects hit a theater. It is literally the boy who cried wolf at this time. We're well over, what? 10 movies they've said were in the works only to find out we know they're dead as door nails. As of now, they're firmly in the we'll believe it when we see it camp and nothing they can say is going to change that. They need to learn to keep their mouths shut, do their work and actually make something. If word/proof leaks of it's existence while that happens, so be it, but do not go out touting stuff at this point. There's literally no one who's going to believe you anymore. They've dug themselves this hole and the only way out is to actually make something - and make something good. If they make another steaming pile, they're done in theaters for probably 10 years minimum. So, you know, no pressure. In which case, it makes it the smart move to not put additional pressure on yourselves by running your mouth.

...and I don't think it would be THAT hard to make something "good," even as subjective as that would be.

1) You need a solid screenplay... not one that re-invents the wheel, or tries to subvert our expectations

2) Then, you need a solid, COMPLETED script based on that screenplay

3) You need an established director with some dramatic content under his/her belt. Not some young/edgy/artsy newbie with a "different spin" on the franchise.

4) Get a qualified script doctor (these people are well known in Hollywood circles; Carrie Fisher was one) to punch it up a bit (see #2)

5) You need a BUDGDET, and stick to it. Can't have dozens of EFX houses each working and 4,000 VFX shot bits-and-bobs throughout production. It's hell and I'm not convinced it saves you any money. And location shoots should be used sparingly but meaningfully.

6) Give us actors with established performance records. Ridley, Boyega, and Isaac are solid actors, when given a competent script and corresponding direction.

7) Don't hide the villain until the end.

8) NO MYSTERY BOXES

9) Millennium falcon, R2D2, C3PO.. but keep other "member-berries" to a minimum

what is his next video going to be? The Ultimate Ultra Omega Alpha Absolute Definitive Solid Hard Undisputed Undeniable Unwavering Speculative State of Star Wars?

If Disney's last 6-7 years was a fictional Netflix drama about a generic Hollywood studio, it would be a hit series.

I feel no guilt about following this slow-motion disaster in real life. It's way more entertaining than the fiction Disney is making these days, and there isn't even a monthly subscription fee.

Whether I want Disney to keep failing is beside the point. It's irrelevant. The reason they are failing is because their upper management is stupid & stubborn. It's not happening just because we are paying attention to it happening.

I'd like Star Wars or Indy to be healthy as much as the next guy but that's clearly not in the cards right now. I might as well sit back and watch the only show that actually is entertaining these days: The Disney Disaster Hour.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back