The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Devilbiss No.152 Clear & White Glass Bottle Atomizers

Vintage Flight Helmet Hybrid Red-5 X-Wing Helmet Build - Part 15

Update for the vintage Flight Helmet Hybrid Red-5 X-Wing Helmet Build, Dustin newmagrathea posted the Part 15 video.

Recent update video, Dustin unboxing of vintage replacement parts and test fitting of the new foam liner (with some stress lol!!!) the project is moving forward :)

Vintage General Control Company Toggle Switch - R2D2 Taser Tip & Lando Comlink

These vintage General Control Company Toggle Switches used for R2D2 Taser Tip & Lando Comlink were first brought to my attention and many others by a post by Art Andrews last year that had many of us going into a spin about wanting the vintage switch for our displays, since then I started researching & hunting for the switches and was asked by a few friends for help.

Finally after a few months of research & hunting I picked up these 4x vintage General Control Company Toggle Switches (matching Patent).

1532.png

1532.png

There is 3x Switches with two position cut-outs (same as Art sold) with one of these being a complete switch and 1x Switch with a three position cut-out + 2x Retail Boxes, 2x Switches with the two position cut-outs are going to my good buddies Markus OdiWan72 & Kevin ModelBuilder the other 2x Switches and Retail Boxes will make a sweet addition to my R2D2 display :D

In relation to the switch with the three position cut-outs, I am wondering if this version was actually used by the prop builders as the lever on the two position cut-outs when centered can easily drop into one of the cut-outs, I guess the prop makers could have glued the lever in the centered position, just some thoughts....

1533 R2D2 Taser 1.png

1534 R2D2 Taser 2.jpg

1535 R2D2 Taser 3.png

1536 Lando Cloud City Communicator.png

Shout-out to Art Andrews for his original post and images.

Last edited:
Awesome Find! Love these Switches. Good point on the 3-position Switch. Makes sense.

I'm wondering how much research has been done on these switches and if Art Andrews & lonepigeon may have any thoughts on the two cut-out v three cut-out lever position versions as to which might be the more likely used for the props, my old eyes can't tell from the screen caps lol!!

I have missed the purchase 1 of these.

Any owner willing to make resin copies?

Or someone who will lend it to me to make molds and pressure casting copies?

I can't say definitively, but I suspect it is the three-position switch used.

With that said, the two-position switch works well because the rest of the Power Charge Arm which screws against the frame of the switch holds the switch in the center position.

I designed a connector that the switch screws onto that helps hold/support it correctly.

Attachments

• R2-D2 Zapper Arm v12.jpg
    R2-D2 Zapper Arm v12.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 78
  • R2-D2 Zapper Arm v12 Threads.jpg
    R2-D2 Zapper Arm v12 Threads.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 81
I can't say definitively, but I suspect it is the three-position switch used.

With that said, the two-position switch works well because the rest of the Power Charge Arm which screws against the frame of the switch holds the switch in the center position.

I designed a connector that the switch screws onto that helps hold/support it correctly.
I agree however the toggle position bar on the screen used prop is taller than ones I've seen. Also there's no gap on the side of the toggle frame on the screen used one. The toggle i have is completely solid on the sides.
20230215_214114.jpg
20230312_100119.jpg

I am not sure I 100% understand what you are saying, but can verify, on the R2-D2 Power Charge Arm, you can see the metal of the crossbar on each side, at the outside of the frame, like your circled image above. While painted over, I believe you can also barely make it out on Lando's communication unit.

The Empire Strikes Back_01_47_30_00025.jpg

I was just pointing out that you can't see a gap in the screen used prop. Also the position bar on his seems to be the total height of the slot on the side of the frame

I was just pointing out that you can't see a gap in the screen used prop. Also the position bar on his seems to be the total height of the slot on the side of the frame

Ryan just a suggestion, would it be better for your run if you setup a research / discussion thread for the Lando comlink for all this info or it will get buried as I post more hunting stuff :ninja:

Vintage Flight Helmet Hybrid Red-5 X-Wing Helmet Build - Part 16

Update for the vintage Flight Helmet Hybrid Red-5 X-Wing Helmet Build, Dustin newmagrathea posted the Part 16 video.

Recent update video, Dustin did a test assembly of the helmet, we still need to sort-out a solution for the mounting of the vintage chin strap but the assembled helmet looks very very cool I love this project :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back