The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

recklessjes well I certainly empathize! :lol And no build thread on this one. I'm so bad about posting updates that I just never bother. But let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have, or know where I can find, a free pep file (or any 3D model) of the yellow ranger's Power Daggers from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers? These things:

zyu-ar-dagger-big_zpsc0f5524b.jpg

I want to make a set to complete my MMPR Yellow cosplay. (Yes, I know propzone sells the file, but I don't want to pay $10 for it). Thanks!

if i made a mask or helmet from pepeakura files and then reproduced it again using resin or anything of sorts, would that be illegal ?

Is there a service that you can upload your unfolded models to, have them printed and cut, and shipped to you? I could have sworn something like this exists, but all of my google searches are giving me tutorials on how to print them yourself.

Is there a service that you can upload your unfolded models to, have them printed and cut, and shipped to you? I could have sworn something like this exists, but all of my google searches are giving me tutorials on how to print them yourself.

There used to be a couple of guys on here that did that, one disappeared and the other one ripped off a bunch of people. I don't know of anyone now that still does.

Got a question and I can't find an answer to it. I am doing my first ever pepakura project and have just started assembly on a Genji helmet. I am using hot glue and I am about 1/5 or so through assembly. I have noticed that there are some slight gaps or maybe glue thicker on some tabs than other, or that there is a bump of hot glue on the outside of the helmet. I've stopped total assembly until I find the answer to this but will this effect me when I go to resin it later? If so, in what way? Do I need to redo the parts I have assembled and use a different glue to get rid of the thick glue on tabs, gaps, glue on the outside of the helmet? I can post some pics if needed. Like I said, this is my first time ever trying this but I want to learn and do it right. Is it worth heating the glue up and try to salvage (this could be a pain and may be more worth it to print out the pieces I've assembled thus far and redo with a different glue. It's all done with cardstock if that helps clear any questions

I'm planning a set of Halo 4 Master Chief armor soon, but I'm nervous of my abilities. What are some good Skyrim/Star Wars/Marvel props I can practice on, without wasting too much ink or paper?

I'm planning a set of Halo 4 Master Chief armor soon, but I'm nervous of my abilities. What are some good Skyrim/Star Wars/Marvel props I can practice on, without wasting too much ink or paper?
Hi takanuva, you can follow Bill Doran's amazing serie of videos on Skyrim costume (it also includes free templates ;))...

Best regards from Argentina...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm going to watch those videos ASAP. I have some thin craft foam that needs some using. :) Here's two pictures of pieces so far, I'm making a test shin. If it fits, make a second, if not, ad nauseam.
IMG_1667.JPGIMG_1666.JPG

How clean is my pepping?

hello, im semi-experienced in modelling(plastic model kits, legos, ect) but this is the first time ive tried papercraft. ive made three models that im very proud of, but im having trouble printing stuff. ive read 50+ random pages on this thread and i have found a couple posts that have something to do with what im experiencing.

my first print zoomed through the printer and printed only the page number showed up. tried again, same thing, so i did what a suggestion said and changed the settings to print lines clearly but only the lines printed without textures. the model on the screen has textures which i would like to use, but it prints without them.
i saw a question and suggestion on yahoo answers, "in the others settings, set the textures to on" and there is no "textures on/off" setting in the others settings menu.

i was lucky enough that the first models i was doing happened to only be one page per model, and i was able to printscreen and paste to paint to print them that way,

but im gonna try and do this http://www.mediafire.com/file/ax4ts0sh441r0xk/Mektek_SuperNova_Papermodel.rar which is actually 25 pages and using pepakura to print the pages will be much easier and better.

i am not and have not had the black page printing problem.

things that might matter;
printer- kodak aio esp7
regular 8 x 11 printer paper
elmers spray adhesive
exacto knife
using the free version of pepakura

i know that my tools are terrible, but it was 2 am last night when i decided to try papercraft for the first time and they are the best option that i have.
if anyone can give me cheap, better options that will work with papercraft, i would love to know.
if i am given a suggestion for paper types(i doubt ill ever actually be building armors or suits of any kind, so i dont need super heavy materials) that will benefit me when building 1/40 - 1/25 scale vehicles, i will try them.
id also like to know some beginners tips if you would.

i would REALLY like to know why im seeing lines but no textures when printing...does ANYONE know or is this thread dead? cmon...if i printscreen and print that way, it wastes ink and the stuff is way darker than it should be and slightly pixelated. HELP ME PLEASE

i would REALLY like to know why im seeing lines but no textures when printing...does ANYONE know or is this thread dead? cmon...if i printscreen and print that way, it wastes ink and the stuff is way darker than it should be and slightly pixelated. HELP ME PLEASE

If you can see the textures in Pepakura designer but they are not printing, then it is very likely your printer's software/drivers. If the version of Pepakura you're using allows conversion to PDF, convert it and try printing that way.

In Pepakura Designer (at least in my version), there is an option to turn textures on or off in the OTHERS tab across the top of the screen. If you check this to off, the textures in the 3d and 3d screens will disappear. My point is, if you can see textures on your screen, they are turned on to go to the printing software.

HOLY CRAP i really wish someone would have told me that sooner...i tried the print to pdf thing and WOW it prints 5x better than the way i was doing it...
i just hope that the new prints will fit the current build...id feel bad if i wasnt able to finish it.
sadly, it got to page 18/25 and stopped printing anything, guess it needs a break from printing all that ink. it did this earlier when i printed a bunch of pages. i waited 20 minutes, printed the new stuff and it prints better than i thought it ever could.
is there a way to make the prints less dark though? its less dark than printing through paint screenshots but its still mega dark...id be very happy if someone could find me the snow camo version of the mech, would probably look a lot better and save me some ink.

can anyone point me to some good spider mech papercrafts? i looked at the soviet spider tank from wot and im not impressed.

Adjust your printer settings, they are what was causing the other problems in the first place. You can adjust the properties in your print menus to something with the lowest ink use, like draft. THe settings option will be in that menu, in the manual, and online.

Looking for a Y-Wing Pilot helmet pdo. Is Dungbeetle still around? The files he released on cloud file servers seem to have all expired and disappeared.

I don't know what to search about my problem so I'm sorry if someone already asked this but what should I do when this happens http://imgur.com/ZTiSvFS

Those are the extra parts from a foam unfold. On foam unfolds, a lot of the templates can be used for both the left and the right sides of the model by just flipping the template over. It just saves you from having to cut out identical (but mirrored) templates.

Those are the extra parts from a foam unfold. On foam unfolds, a lot of the templates can be used for both the left and the right sides of the model by just flipping the template over. It just saves you from having to cut out identical (but mirrored) templates.
But it's not on paper, how do I print it out? I'ts all jumbled up together. I know some of the parts are in that jumbled mess, when I try to print, it only prints the 5 pages and ignores that pile of parts.

You have to place them in the "paper" section to be printed. Otherwise everything outside those pages is ignored.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back