The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And so it begins!

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.24.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.32.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.33.07 AM.png

Yea, I'm sad they mostly made a big Band-Aid for the broken part, and did away with the D ring.

But I think I'm ready for a new Graflex inspired hilt. At least the Prequels did their own thing in Ep. 1, I wasn't sure how we were supposed to take the Creepy Uncle (as close enough old one or a new one) it was too close and confused me.

i guess someone will have to do a run of parts to convert a graflex into this. I’m thinking we can probly get away with that salt shaker for tge bottom half but the control box clamp/strap/bandaid thing will probly have to be made.

I'm hoping they will have some items on display today and this hilt is part of it. I think it is interesting to see this hilt's evolution over a near 60 year life span.

I know the D-Ring is classic but I never found it to be a best way to wear a hilt.

Need to see more of it, and closer/better pics, but I think I actually like it. I still would have rather it be more extremely changed or a new saber altogether-- but I like the new clamp.

Roman has said on FB, that he supplied a handful of his replicas to Pinewood. I'm guessing they will be used for the touring props

I'm also noticing that the one grip is notched lengthwise along the fin to slip it onto the belt...

That just seems like such a fragile way to secure it to your belt... I can only imagine they snapped at least two or three during the course of filming. Unless, of course, the grips might be METAL this time? :O

I'm also noticing that the one grip is notched lengthwise along the fin to slip it onto the belt...

That just seems like such a fragile way to secure it to your belt... I can only imagine they snapped at least two or three during the course of filming. Unless, of course, the grips might be METAL this time? :O

There seems to be something on her left hip which looks like Kylo's clip but turned 90 degrees.

Attachments

• 04AA04B8-CAC9-41C0-A10F-2AA2FA03AEA7.jpeg
    04AA04B8-CAC9-41C0-A10F-2AA2FA03AEA7.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 590
I'm only seeing 6 grips, the light shadow is a bit tricky. But I am seeing that slot cut too. Glass eye doesn't look turned down.

Also, I think once she starts moving, especially the screen shot above where she's running away, the grips are shorter-- possibly a stunt model.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back