The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

In that regard, the covertec wheel of the prequels has never been topped in my opinion. Of course it's a matter of taste but it beats any sort of ring or clip in every way. Easily integrated in any design, the saber is very secure, doesn't dangle and doesn't hang too low. Granted, the screen-used plastic wheels didn't look that great and could in theory break but a nicely machined metal wheel with an equally nice metal clip (the Saberkraft Iris is amazing) is in my opinion the best way to wear a hilt while still looking "technological".

Last edited:
As far as the snapping of the grip clip goes, I think we may be applying real world logic instead of in universe logic. I'll defer to those with a deeper knowledge than myself, but I'm not sure the various saber materials have been revealed. Their plastics could be called 'plastisteel' for all we know, which would, in universe' solve the breakage issue.

I'm talking from a practical standpoint. If it was plastic or resin every time Daisey Ridley moved in a particular way, or bumped up against something it would snap. Given that we see here pull it off her belt, you have to assume at least for hero shots it's got to work on a practical real-world level.

If we're just taking space material I wouldn't care. It'll just be a shelf display anyway.

I'm talking from a practical standpoint. If it was plastic or resin every time Daisey Ridley moved in a particular way, or bumped up against something it would snap. Given that we see here pull it off her belt, you have to assume at least for hero shots it's got to work on a practical real-world level.

If we're just taking space material I wouldn't care. It'll just be a shelf display anyway.
Gotcha. My bad.

I thought some of the discussion was that what we have as grip material wouldn't be practical for either filming or in universe use.

I'm thinking metal, along with some others.

I’m telling you... when the time comes and Roy makes these suckers im putting them threw the biggest torture test to prove to you guys

My bad Seth! I’m caught up now ;)

I have some spare t-track, and you might be right. It does bend, but I don’t think the weight distribution would cause it to bend when clipped that way.

I’m still holding out hope she just builds her own halfway through though.

I’m still holding out hope she just builds her own halfway through though.

She was directly asked this during the Celebration panel. I don’t have the direct quote, but her answer implied that we don’t know the full story regarding Rey and lightsabers - so there’s a possibility she gets her own.

I really hope so, as it’d be a shame to go through an entire trilogy with only one totally new hilt design.

I apologize if I missed this. But I heard somewheres that they may have used Roman Props flashguns? Has that been confirmed or debunked?

I apologize if I missed this. But I heard somewheres that they may have used Roman Props flashguns? Has that been confirmed or debunked?

100% confirm

Here is 4 from the last batch he sent

IMG_9009.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back