The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

Gahhh, I knew I should have picked up a gen2. If not just for the improvements, now this.

Roman has blemished for sale still

I have one of his blem’s and actually laughed when I opened it. I honestly should have done a unboxing because it took me for ever to find the blemish

I was almost going to PM him asking if it was a blem or not. Very very VERY small spec in the finish, I would have never knew if I didn’t keep hunting

And the only reason I hunted, like I said was because I thought he sent me a non blem

If you seriously want a pristine one, check eBay daily. They are up there all the time

I don't think this is the case, but sombody on FB floated the idea the clamp box could be a kobold. Again, I don't think it is, but I love that idea.

interesting idea - it is thicker than the TFA stunt with that flush rectangle. This belt hanger box definitely has 1/8" sides (roughly)

I also know about one more smith that also sent his Graflex to filmmakers

I don’t doubt that. It’s pretty common practice

My friend is a prop master. She is sent out on a mission to get something and grabs multiple variates and options. Brings them back and then production chooses which one they want

We have also seen this practice done in TFA with solos dice

Rumors speculated about a seller on eBay suppling dice for the film.

When the movie came out, NOPE not his dice..

When the Blu-ray came out. The behind the scenes was showing off solos dice and sure enough there was the eBay sellers dice!!

All I’m saying is with my research I feel confident on what I see

I got a few rounds in the cylinder, just need 2 more things but need better reference

Because with me I always “shoot from the hip”

I don't think this is the case, but sombody on FB floated the idea the clamp box could be a kobold. Again, I don't think it is, but I love that idea.

Yup, I thought "why didn't I think of that"... Already checked, and the length looks good, but the height seems just a tad short. Not to mention the kobold has a step on it, which is not visible on the screen caps so far...

I think I see some of Roman's tells. So, we'll see once we get more images. But for now, that's the only one I am buying into.

I'm tempted to just ask the studio if mine were indeed used on-screen and/or if they ordered from anyone else. :p

Last edited:
I know that there are claims and inferences that another company's Graflex replicas may have been used but the only thing they've actually confirmed for sure is that some were sent to the studio. (In the past two years)

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-22_12-58-46.png
    upload_2019-4-22_12-58-46.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 429
Just like there are recasters and sniping of manufacturers, there will be no shortage of people claiming to have been part of the game. Not calling anyone a liar specifically, you can't in a community this small... but it's bound to happen.

As Drew says, Roman's tells are there.

Yup, I thought "why didn't I think of that"... Already checked, and the length looks good, but the height seems just a tad short. Not to mention the kobold has a step on it, which is not visible on the screen caps so far...
Could be that it was machined to slightly different specs, so they could "reuse" part of it but also make it fit better to its new application. I don't think TFA or TLJ used an actual vintage Kobold for the D-ring.

We need better images before I'm convinced, but it IS a neat idea

I agree, most likely just tape

There’s something going on because we have a decent shot of the bottom of the resin stunt

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back